rotary mb

Chat about anything and everything.
ledft

ive had a look all over this forum. theres alot of talk about people always wanting to do it.
but has it actually been done.

hasnt happened if theres no photo proof
rf4burns

To my knowledge (and the search button's)one has said that they HAVE done this (with/without reg)but from time to time it has been thrown round; there are a few things to consider. 1st if you want to still drive it on the road a single rotor motor is required to stay within the limits of swept motor size, and as a N/A injected motor is only good for about 100hp there are a raft of cheaper/easier options to get 100hp;2nd reliability and economy will be compromised ;so it would be wise if this was undertaken that the person doing so had sufficient skills to be able to assemble the single rotor motor themselves. Or was well cashed up then you could use something like this turn key package http://www.atkinsrotary.com/index.php?pag=14 (even just buying the crank or e-shaft assembly and assembling your own motor makes this an expensive build :crazy: ).If you could afford the turnkey package then you still have to be able to afford (or manufacture) mounts and g/box mating/cooling mods/brake mods/engineering etc... and at the end of it you will still have a near 30 year old car 8) .This being said it would be a great project ;really two parts ,engine build then mighty boy mods and who knows one day....(I already have the single rotor crank (e-shaft) that I machined up sometime ago....
Get with it ,Get over it ,Get on with it .....OR LEAVE
ledft

ive searched google, rotary forums mb forums every where. and still no photos. just countless people saying they are doing it or they know a friend of a friend that has done it.

would actually like to see proof that is all
Colin

Rotary's are for poofs and fagwits
MORE BEER! :beer:
ledft

Colin wrote:Rotary's are for poofs and [*]fagwits[/u][/i][/b]
:wink: lol.....
Colin

If you have the money to spend I would fit one up could be interesting
Goofy[HSK]

I certainly want to try this on my spare alto one day
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Awaiting: Paint, Windscreen, Compliance, Lottery
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Complied, Registrable, Awaiting Paint, Engine not running
www.hillsidekonnection.com
toy550

Hey Colin, I own a suzuki but also own a mazda r100 with a ROTARY. They definitely aren't for poof and fagwits, people who say that generally cant handle the power they put out. My car runs 9sec quarter miles, i don't think that no poof or fagwit could handle that.
Colin

i know how good they go as ive driven a lot of them recently fitted a 12aturbo to a eureka but im a V8 man and fagwits use rotors :lol: hahaha
ferdie

Colin wrote:Rotary's are for poofs and fagwits
my last rotary engine build cost me $25,000 so i must be a super-poof??

could only be engineered if done as an icv and i can tell you first hand how hard and expensive that is proving.

could be done for a RWD track only car and would be interesting my clubman is enough of a handfull with the 13btt in it...
cozza

it can be done in the mb's im doing one as we speak, one hell of alot of stuffing around but hopefully it will be driveable enough to go down the strip. allways thought an mb with a good old harley in the front and twin side pipes would be nice n nasty
ferdie

cozza,

any pics??

how are you doing the firewall? and what rear end??
cozza

well im useing an irs center from a commodore just for the fact it's small and i can have custom cvs made up. as for the fire wall it's quiet a brain buster trying to fit in a manual box and clear everything. as for pics well i dont wanna post any as yet at least not untill the whole thing is done so i can do a whole portfolio on it with all the mumbo jumbo it took to get it donw.
Goofy[HSK]

no attempt to do transversely ?
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Awaiting: Paint, Windscreen, Compliance, Lottery
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Complied, Registrable, Awaiting Paint, Engine not running
www.hillsidekonnection.com
ferdie

not sure what you mean, but if you are talking about a FWD rotary setup??

stock box would not last, and would never get traction...

i will have a dummy 13b "block" here for another build project. it would be possible for me to sit it in a mb engine bay of one of the spare bm's i have.