need your help...convert the analog speedo to digital

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
j-six

hey guys, need your help though.

my carry's been in the garage for quite some time after having a collision since february. still trying to earn some money though to have it repaired back to the way it was. now since the dash has been removed due to the collision, just got an idea...convert the analog speedo to digital, and with that, get some digital gauges from bikes and use it on the carry instead of the stock one.

just a question though...what parts should i need to have this one done? i've seen that there should be a sensor coming from the distributor that senses the sparks/ voltages.

any ideas on this mates?

cheers.
[img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r223/cjjayson/jsix_banner.gif[/img]
havabeer

revs can easily be gotten by wiring up from the dizzy i have put a rev gauge in my 1983 carry so i know what revs i'm doing.

the speedo is a bit harder. normally you could get something like what i have in my toyota soarer anything like the "apexi RSM" (rev speed meter) it just wires in off the cars ECU speedo sensor. but as our cars don't have an ecu it makes it a bit harder.

you may have to do some searching around to find a digital gauge that will come with its own sensor (i think i've read about ones that either connect to rear wheel or drive shaft). alot of them you'll find will be tailor made to suit specific cars mechanical out put (where the cable goes into on the gear box) and i HIGHLY doubt you'll find a manufacturer that will have made one for a suzuki carry, definitely not in Australia at lease.

honestly i think its gonna be rather costly, or very technical to try and convert
PhilODendron

j-six wrote: get some digital gauges from bikes and use it on the carry instead of the stock one.
there may be a problem using bike revv counters as bikes have no distributor.
see what happens after wiring a suzuki gsx-r 1100 rev counter to the supercarry:

:D :D :D
counts "revolutions per 2 minutes", but looks very impressive.