advice on getting my mb back

Chat about anything and everything.
cozza

ok so here goes ive moved back to my old town and left the mb in the care of my brother in law. but ive left the keys with the mrs parents because i dont trust the bro's mrs. now ive paid for transport to have the cars shipped to me and the mrs parents wont give my mb's back. they refuse to talk. i am literally about to go smash some inlaws heads in if they wont comply and give them back. i owe them no money. and i havent done anything to upset them.
any ideas guys.
mowog

Turn up on the doorstep and demand the cars back. Do NOT advise them you are coming or they might damage or hide the cars to be bastards.
The police will not help you recover them because you handed the keys/cars over.
However the local copper might accompany you to the property to recover the cars (not sure how many cars involved) and keep the peace, if you ask nicely.
It stands to reason to make sure where the cars are before you go charging in.
Do not make threats like smashing heads in etc or they will have you charged, speak quietly but firmly, do not get involved in name calling, and it would be handy if they punched you in the nose because you could then have them charged. bit painful tho. also it does not have to be a blow, just touching you or pushing you or spitting on you is technically an assault.
Bit difficult as the BIL has the keys and the parents have the car, I would go for the car first and recover the keys later, if you go for the keys first they will get a warning.
zeek73

Mate, if the cars are registered or in anyway in your name go to the police. It does not matter if you have given someone the keys, that would only concern an insurance company for theft reasons.
Cheers
Pete
cozza

ok guys update here my mb is comming back now after my frnds in blue paid him a visit. after i had called and spoken to the boys in blue gave them all the details of the car (chassis number, engine number) all details even the qld mod plate certificate number, they basically told him that either the car is on the truck on wednesday morning that he will be charged with theft of a motor vehicle and will also have to compensate me some of my wages because i have not been able to get myself to and from work because i dont have a car.
i got a call from the police letting me know that they have spoken to him told him what is going to happen and that they will be present at the house when the truck turns up just to make sure there isnt any crap going to happen.
now ive just got to get the mrs to grow up and get hers back off the bastard too.
Brayden

Better cross your fingers there isn't any retaliation once you get the ute back. :-o
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
cozza

there allready has been retaliation to it, he rang my mrs abused the backside outta her then rang me and said the next time he sees me im gonna wish i was dead, my reply was well we will see. far as im concerned he's acting like a school kid. if he doesnt get his own way he has a sook then wants to fight about it. if he lays a hand on me i will defend myself then ill press charges. i know what he's like all it takes is a simple thing like cant mow the lawn today because the lawn is too wet or the bread went stale and he just flys off the handle smashing things and abuseing people.
playwme

Why is he acting like this? Does he somehow think he owns the cars now? Surely there's some more background info otherwise the whole thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
cozza

ok background is that im dateing his daughter, he doesnt like me sense i pulled him up one night goin off at his wife for not iorning his work shirt and was throwing shit around, all i said to him was hey i think thats enough. he gets very very violent when drinking and tried to put me in a head lock one night because he thought it would be funny and i pushed him away and told him to bugger off, he then proceeded to backhand me in the side of the head and tell me to respect my elders. and then the whole situation at present has something to do with not paying rent i paid the mother in law (the wife) 200 a week she kept the money and didnt let him touch it. pretty much that sums it all up, other then that if things dont go his way he just chucks a tantrum like a little kid and causes trouble untill he gets what he wants no matter who it hurts. i also asked the rs real dad if i could marry the mrs he said yes but dont let her mother turn her into a snob, which i havent let happen and because i didnt ask the mrs mum or the uncle who causeing the trouble which is also the step dad (difficult to explain) i was abused and lectured on how it had nothing to do with the mrs real dad he was on his death bed. as far as im concerned about that i had every right to ask him because it's his daughter and he was the one that looked after her while her mother was out shaggin every tom frank and jim in town.