"82 Hatch project 543cc.

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Bear351c

Hey all, thought I'd start a thread for my newly acquired project. He's an SS40V 1982 Hatch, with the awesome power of half a litre of Jap engineering. My daily drive was an XB Ford ute, with a 351 etc, etc, but tin worm has taken hold, and once I found damage in the chassis rails, I decided to find another vehicle. Just recently purchased an XA 4 door Fairmont, in need of a little TLC, and an engine transplant. :D
So while I'm scraping funds together, I thought I'd buy a cheap runaround to get to work and back. Came across this little fella on Gumtree, and a deal was done. He's got an engine in the front, and thats about it............5 milkcrates full of parts in the rear.
RetroHatch

Good to see another hatch being brought back to life, the more we can get the better, give these MB owners a run for there money. :lol: :lol:
Tailgating my Hatch doesnt increase the horsepower of the F5A
Bear351c

Holy crap, it's been nearly 2 years since I started this thread..!!!
So, as sometimes happens, LIFE gets in the way of our pursuits. Split up with the Ex, moved house, etc, etc.....
My little hatch has been transferred to the new abode, and I finally found some time to start him up, and see where i was at. Needs seats put in, thermo fans switch, front grille and headlights, and a wiring check. Was missing some rubber bungs for the floor area behind the seats, so off to the wreckers to search for something similar. Lots of Jap stuff there, but all the bungs are too small in diameter. Just before I left, I caught sight of square headlight amongst all the modern stuff.............there she was !!! a sweet little silver hatch, SS40, with a REAR SEAT.!!!!
Ran back to my car, grabbed some tools and within 2 hours, I was home and smiling. :lol: Got photos of the brackets, mounting points, seat belt mounts etc.. So when I get a chance to install the rear seats, I'll post lots of photos, for future Suzi owners. :snigger: