what dash will fit a mighty boy?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
arklan

did i a quick search of the forum coz i know this has been answered numerous times but couldnt find anything, just people talking about their dashs
so which dashs fit? i think the 92 swift dash fits or something
Brayden

Swift dashboard won't fit without lopping about 15cm off it. If you don't want to make major modifications then Hatch and Alto dashboards fit with a minimum of fuss. Dimensions of Daihatsu kei cars are also the same, so they could be suitable.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
arklan

what year range of alto?
Colin

charade dashes fit too.... :lol:
MORE BEER! :beer:
Brayden

arklan wrote:what year range of alto?
85-88 for Aussie models, or right up to the mid 90's if you get one from an import.
arklan

more trying to make a 1 stop shop for all dashs that fit, so if people could list the dashes (including year) that fits it would be great.

been searching over the forum for a dash that looks something like this. cant remember who had it and the centre part with all the air con controls and radio was a piece of wood they put in to fill up the hole.
http://www.carid.com/dash-kit-gallery/i ... _IN_EB.jpg
Brayden

Most likely from a mid-90's Alto Works model.
Bill Lally

I have a black Hatch dash in one of my Red MBs. It has Hatch wiring loom. You must use external voltage regulator and hatch alternator, and you get two speed wipers.
KEVIN

The picture you refered to is in the Albury Cruise 2012 Gallery. The lump of wood was a rush job drink and 2-way holder for the first Albury cruise but it still gets used occasionaly it just slips into the dash pocket :roll:
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
Brayden

Bill Lally wrote:I have a black Hatch dash in one of my Red MBs. It has Hatch wiring loom. You must use external voltage regulator and hatch alternator, and you get two speed wipers.
I have an 84 Hatch dash in my ute. I used the cluster wiring loom from the Hatch and it plugged straight into the rest of the MB loom - means I get to keep intermittent wipers and the MB alternator.
Bill Lally

Then the wiper switch in the hatch is the same as the wiper switch in the MB ?????
Brayden

They're physically the same, yes. The only difference is that some models have intermittent wipers and others don't.