Getting my 87 Alto Works RSR back roadworthy

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
dodgemnz

Been a while since ive been on here as my Alto has been parked up for some time due to slipping clutch issue and all the aftermath of the big earthquake here in Christchurch which we are still trying to get over with road works and major home insurance issues 2+ years on.
I finally pulled the motor and box out to find a very worn clutch plate that was the wrong size probably from a single cam alto. I had some clutches laying around and it seems the plate was virtually identical to a Daihatsu 993 170mm clutch so thats what im fitting (new). The cover and thrust bearing are ok so im going to refit them.
I decided to source a new cam belt as the old one has done low miles but its been in there nearly 5 years. After talking to the local Suzuki dealer they quoted me $1500 + freight for what Suzuki call a cam belt kit! :evil:
The last owner paid $130 back in 2005... hmm i dont want the whole engine just a belt!
I cant find a supplier for this anywhere so i guess the old one will be going back in for a while yet. I really only took it off as i removed the cams to clean the lifters (had a rattly one that was anoying)and replace the cam seals that were weeping.
Now i really need to source a new belt or 2 and keep them on hand for the future if this is what Suzuki keeps doing to older vehicle owners.
My Alto really needs a good make over body wise but im mainly interested in keeping it road legal for now.
:)
87 ALTO WORKS RSR
New Zealand