Daihatsu Copen vs Suzuki Cappuccino

Chat about anything and everything.
Kei

Hey folks, been a while since I've posted.

I'm thinking about getting rid of my 350z and getting a Cappuccino or a Copen.

Has anyone driven both in standard form and can give some anecdotal comparisons for me?

There are no Cappuccino's around for me to test drive in Brisbane, but there's one for sale in Canberra at the moment that seems priced right. The last time I drove one was about 10 years ago and I just can't trust that memory.

I've test driven a couple of Copens quite recently and they felt great, really modern and refined. On paper, I'm leaning towards the Cappuccino but I can't recall if the Cappuccino had more road noise, or felt less well put together than the Dai.

Any feedback would be great. Cheers.

Eye Candy:
Brayden

I've driven both and they're not that different. Copen seems a little more refined (benefit of being newer) and has more interior space, but the Cappuccino is RWD and IMO a better drive. Copen still has parts backing through Toyota, whereas the Cappas are getting very tough to find bits for locally or even overseas.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Kei

Thanks Bray-Bray,

Man, it's a tough choice.

Cappuccino: Cooler, faster, more unique.
Copen: Newer, smarter, easier

Brayden

For me it comes down to which is more fun for spirited driving, and in that respect the Cappa wins hands down. I suspect the Copen would be marginally better to live with though, in terms of being slightly more practical and easier to find parts for.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
grant4561

Having 3 cappos I can comment that I have had no issues with parts albeit most ietms are sourced from Japan or the UK and they cost a bit more.
Most of the normal service reated items are available locally though.
I am up on the Sunshine Coast and have 1 cappo rebuilt to stock standard and another which is fairly heavily modified. The 3rd cappo is sitting idle at the moment and not registered.
You are welcome to come up from Brisveges and check them out if you want.
I cant really comment on the copens as I havent driven one, but have blown a few away up here on the coast. LOL
If you are thinking about the cappo in Canberra there is a guy in Perth looking at it also.
Kei

I just flew down to Canberra, bought it and drove back to Brisbane.

Phew, that was a long drive, only snuck in 2 hours sleep (inside the car!) at a rest stop on the way.

grant4561

Well done mate another cappo owner up here in qld.
I did asimilar trip when I got my red cappo so I know how you feel.
Look forward to catching up & I will be able to give you a good heads up on them, manual,l, etc.