1998 Alto Works

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
bajansurfer

Hi all.

I live in the island of Barbados and have recently purchased a 1998 Alto Works HA22s with a k6a engine.

Everything's running fine, done some minor mods like an aftermarket air filter, boost gauge etc...

Just wondering if there is anything else I can do to get more performance out of it. Been doing some reading for a while and a bigger turbo + bigger injectors seem obtainable but for the life of me I cannot find out what ecu I can get to manage them.

Will those parts make any difference without a new ecu?
Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Brayden

You should still be able to buy genuine SuzukiSport parts for that model. They have several upgrade kits available with larger turbos matched to a performance ECU.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
bajansurfer

Thanks for your reply Brayden. Where would I go about finding these kits? Any idea about the cost of such an upgrade?
Brayden

From memory all SuzukiSport operations have been taken over by Monster Sport (Monster Tajima's company). That would be the first place to look. Last time I checked the K100 upgrade kit was about $2000 USD.

If you've got lots of money there is also a 740cc piston/sleeve kit available too.
bajansurfer

I inquired with monster-sport about the K100 upgrade. They only have it listed under the cappuccino section so I asked if it would be compatible with my Alto and here is what they said:
Thank you for your inquiry.
The K100 kit can be used for Cappuccino EA21R only.
ECU data etc are different.

Best regards,
Yasutaka Shinohara
TAJIMA MOTOR CO.,LTD
MONSTER SPORT / IRD / POWER FILTER
Is this true?
Brayden

The mapping might be different, but the motor is the same. I don't see any reason it wouldn't work on an Alto.