Front suspension different between models?

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
hxpano308

Hi, I've currently got an ST90 Carry ute and when I full lock the wheel it makes a clunk noise and will pull to that side until I full lock back to the other side to "straighten it out". I have owned another ST90 ute and it had the exact same problem which leads me to think it is a common suspension fault for this model. I've driven an SK410 Carry and the ride felt a lot better with much smoother suspension and steering. Is there a major difference between the two models and would it be hard/worthwhile swapping in later model gear to the ST90?
Brayden

Despite the fact that they look similar the SK410 was a major model revision for Suzuki, and the majority of underpinnings were changed. This makes component swaps harder than a bolt-in job. Probably worth mentioning that the design of the SK410 steering and front end geometry is not much better than the ST90 anyway.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
hxpano308

Hmm thanks for that. I know my description isn't very informative but have you heard of this problem with the earlier models? It just seems odd that both of my earlier models have the problem but the later model doesn't.
Mardy

Brayden wrote:Despite the fact that they look similar the SK410 was a major model revision for Suzuki, and the majority of underpinnings were changed. This makes component swaps harder than a bolt-in job. Probably worth mentioning that the design of the SK410 steering and front end geometry is not much better than the ST90 anyway.
So going off this info, the suspension design is totally different between the two models but the geometry is similar.....
I was hoping I could swap the entire front struts and lower control arms out of a sk410 into my st90....sway bar and steering rack included.....
I know nothing....realy! Just ask me....
nawti

The st90 struts are slanted inwards at the top where the sk410 struts are pretty much vertical, i have made up top mount adapters for this and fitted the brake booster setup out of a sk410 although i haven't fully finished it its doable and not that hard
Mardy

Thanks nawti.....this is why I love forums.
I know nothing....realy! Just ask me....