Sound deadening roof

Chat about anything and everything.
playford

I am thinking of pulling my roof liner down half at a time and put some sound deadening sheets down to stop that tinny roof feal has any one done this? In there mighty boy or hatch would it make it a little more sound proof or not worth playing with
Brayden

If you pull off the roof lining it isn't going back on. The foam underneath it tears and you have to scrape/scrub it off the roof, which is a messy shit of a job, and the reason my ute had no roof lining in it for about 7 years.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Breyten

When I got mine it was half worn away.
It's messy as all hell to remove, I recommend covering everything, and wearing a sandblasting suit!
Makes cleaning up after real easy.

Replaced with a single sheet of Dynamat, squared in the middle of the roof.
Then fitted Dynaliner to the whole roof.
Intended to trim it, but never got round to it as the Dynaliner is a nice enough finish till I do the whole cab.

From tin can to solid. Definately advised.
Hewball has done the whole floorpan and doors, makes an even bigger difference! (adds weight though)
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
playford

Scraped all the glue and foam of the roof of my suzuki hatch took 4 hours used a plastic paint scraper and wet it down in sections with turps helped a lot to soften it up. Put sound deadening sheets down and 12 mm cab foam looks a bit like band aids finish same colour
perforated vinyl used in trucks good sound deadner $100 to do the job bit dear but really good tuff stuff bugger of a job like you told me.