Engine Swap

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Tammydanni

Has anyone successfully swapped F5A Engine for a Daiwoo Matiz 800 engine?
I've been told the Suzuki Alto had this Engine?
If so, any advice is greatly appreciated :) Tammy
Tez

I believe the Deawoo Matiz 800 cc engine is the F8C and yes, they have been put into MB's.
Brayden has an engine transplant comparison here:
http://www.teammightyboy.com/workshop/3 ... onversions
Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
arklan

iv done it, theres a thread in the projects section about
id never actually touched an engine before this so it was a great learning experience
my advice though would be not to do it, get a f8b and put efi on that rather than the f8c
a lot of people say theyv seen a f8c conversion or they knew a friend of a friend of theirs did it but never any pics or proof
I saw one on ebay once that was sposed to be f8c but it looked like a f6a or maybe a g10a
a f8c will NOT fit because the intake manifold is too tall so im guessing they may have put a different manifold in so they could shut the bonnet
someone on here said they saw a f8c conversion and it did fit because they rotated the engine forward.
believe me when I say that is completly bogus, we tried a lot of things to make the engine fit and be able to close the bonnet and it just doesnt work
we rotated the engine forward a fair bit to bring the height down and then cut and remade the subframe about 3 inches lower then cut a hole in the bonnet for the top of throttle body to poke the top of its head out
then a commodore style bonnet lump (toilet seat) was put over the hole to make it neat
I can tell u 100% that u wont be able to close the bonnet unless u get a different manifold or u do a frankenstein job on it, looking back it would have been better to get a custom manifold rather than all the nonsense I had to go through
I know all the hecklers r gonna come on and say u dont need to get a new manifold or whatever but they havent done it, I have

ps. if u use the matiz hubs make sure u flip the tie rods that had me stumped for m9nths 8 thought my chop job ruined the handling but when I flipped the tres it was fine
Tammydanni

Thanks heaps for the feedback and advice :)
Billie

My mate has a f8c in his. Does fit with the right mods. But not worth doing, there pretty gutless.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
niiko

Compared to what? I have owned 6 matiz's and I think the motors go quite well.
They are quicker than a mightyboy with a f8b.
Billie

They are definatley not quicker than a healthy f8b in a mighty boy. I'v driven many matzo's (mechanic) daihatsu sir ion ejve smokes them. Only advantage of a matiz motor is 5 speed, but thats not really a good enough reason.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝