MB Auto holds 1st gear too long

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Blueflame

Hi, i have just bought my first MB and i am not sure how the auto actually performs. It feels to me that it is holding first too long or it might just be how they work, I find that if i back the accelerator off a bit it will then change into second then i can power on again if anyone can give me any sort of feedback i would be very appreciative. Thanks
Brayden

If held at full throttle, first gear will wind out to 60kph before shifting to second. Light throttle it will shift between 20-40kph. Any variance from that means that there's something wrong with the ECU, speedo sensor, or vacuum sensor.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Blueflame

Thanks Brayden, yep it is working as per your post, it changes at the higher end around 41-43 and changes at bang on 60 full throttle, thanks again.
Brayden

Shifting at 40kph is controlled by the speedo sensor (unless you're at full throttle). If you're very gentle on the loud pedal it should shift well below 40kph. If that doesn't happen then the vacuum sensor isn't working or not connected properly.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Blueflame

I have checked the vacuum sensor it looks like itis hooked up correctly, where is the best place to get a new sensor? Do suzuki still sell them?
Psi_Wagon

unplug the vacuum pot (green/black) and take it for a drive, it should change into 2nd pretty quick regardless of throttle position. that way you can tell if its working correctly or not
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305