Question regarding F8C

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
m00neelee

Apologies in advance if this has been answered already. I have searched but couldn't find anything specific.

Thinking outside the box a little I was trying to work out if the F8C long motor was interchangeable with the F8B. That is put the F8B gearbox, inlet manifold, ancillaries etc. onto the F8C.

What I have found says you need custom engine mounts. Is this because of the gearbox?

I can't find any info on the head, as to whether the inlet manifold bolt pattern is different.

I'm going to get the F8C with the intention of running EFI in the longer term. I have a complete F8B, but it is in need of a rebuild but thought this was a quick way of replacing the F5A, if it works.
NOTE: The term Mighty Boy is a registered trade mark of the Suzuki Motor Corporation and in no way represent that the vehicle is Mighty or a Boy, but it is a ute damn it!
Brayden

The F8C is an evolution of the F8B design, so the block is almost identical, but the rest is completely different.
Apparently putting an F8C box on an F8B block is a real challenge, so the reverse is probably difficult too.
Manifolds are completely different (port shape/size and mounting points).

If you were going to the trouble of installing an F8C engine you'd be far better off swapping the entire running gear and EFI.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
m00neelee

Brayden wrote:The F8C is an evolution of the F8B design, so the block is almost identical, but the rest is completely different.
Apparently putting an F8C box on an F8B block is a real challenge, so the reverse is probably difficult too.
Manifolds are completely different (port shape/size and mounting points).

If you were going to the trouble of installing an F8C engine you'd be far better off swapping the entire running gear and EFI.
Bugger, not quite what I wanted top hear. Really wanted to move on from the F5A.

I don't think the gearbox is a major issue but the changes to the inlets are annoying.

Thanks Brayden
NOTE: The term Mighty Boy is a registered trade mark of the Suzuki Motor Corporation and in no way represent that the vehicle is Mighty or a Boy, but it is a ute damn it!