exhaust gasket

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
arklan

just wanted to know if the f8b and f5a use the same exhaust gasket?

havent had the new purple one for long (it has f8b auto) and iv been finding a few surprises which the sellers neglected to mention, spent 275 bucks to find out the radiator fan was wired in backwards and now the exhaust manifold is loose.
even when the nuts have been tightened i can still cover the exhaust pipe with my hand and the engine doesnt struggle.
Bear351c

You sure it's the manifold? Could be a hole in the muffler, or loose joints..
arklan

yep pretty sure
Brayden

Exhaust gaskets are different. F8B has larger ports.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
mowog

normally exhaust leaks are pretty easy to find, just follow the noise. to test leaky joints run fingers around joint without actually frying them to a crisp you will feel the gas rushing out (necessary to have engine running of course) also quite often there is a black marking around the pipe where the gas has been leaking from.
of course it may just have poor compression...
arklan

mowog wrote:normally exhaust leaks are pretty easy to find, just follow the noise. to test leaky joints run fingers around joint without actually frying them to a crisp you will feel the gas rushing out (necessary to have engine running of course) also quite often there is a black marking around the pipe where the gas has been leaking from.
of course it may just have poor compression...
done this and the listening thru a hose trick
took the manifold off and u can see the black marks u were talking about all over it.
half the manifold nuts were barely finger tight and the other half had a gap!
i cant beleive people would have a car like this.

ill post pics tonight