Speedo wiring

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Matty

Hey guys just a quick q,

With the mightyboys speedos there is the round plug which goes to the round plug on the speedo, but on the speedo there is a single plug? What does that hook to? Is it an earth?

Also there is a 2 pin plug in the wiring loom and a 2 pin plug in the wiring loom to the dash but they don't seem to reach each other? Are they meant to? 1s female and 1 is male so I guess there meant to plug in?

Thanks
One day it will be DONE!!!
jason

hi, pics would be useful so we know which one you mean. if the colours of the wires match up that is a good indicator, do a search for wiring diagram and you should be able to work out what goes where. as for the speedo, it is a cable that runs from the back of the gearbox into the back of the speedo - a bit like a tv antenna plug.
Matty

Yer not the cable, there is a round wiring plug which goes to the speedo and then there is single plug....

The wires don't colour match and don't reach each other but no others for them to plug into....

Don't have a pic no sorry
Tez

The orphaned connectors could be allowances in (a standardised) wiring loom for extra gizmos that were never fitted into the boy... Like a clock, or something...
Check them off against Brayden's wiring loom here: http://www.teammightyboy.com/workshop/3 ... ng-diagram
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Matty

Thanks
ceej

The way I have done it several times in the past is by printing the wiring diagram out on A3 paper (the more copies you have the better), break out a highlighter, ruler, test light and a multimeter and start prodding the loom while flicking switches and checking against the wiring diagram. Write down wire colours and exactly where they go/what they do under different circumstances. The wiring diagram is a decent guide but can be hard to follow and quickly reference unless you have information written down in a way you understand.

Sorry I can't tell you exact information, I'm not at home (I do have it all written down for future reference in the garage at home). Apart from what the plug in question does, what are you trying to accomplish?
Garry. Nuff sed!
Matty

I just couldn't remember what went where really lol

All good now, changed All the dash lights to led white, and speedo/fuel and temp lights to led blue. Looks good and brighter