Valve stem seals?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
makie43

I need to replace the valve stem seals on my SS40T and I read somewhere that it can be done without removing the head using a special tool??? Has any one done this and if so could you let me know how?
Brayden

To do the job you need to prevent the valves from dropping into the bores. Best way to do this is with an air compressor connected to the spark plug holes.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
makie43

Thanks Brayden..
mowog

have heard of getting the piston on tdc, stuffing a string in through the spark plug holes until it is full, suggest something like brickies line as it is strong, this stops the valve falling through and you don't need any special equipment.
jason

Hi, do you have a tool that will compress the springs without removing the head? if you need one let me know and i can post one up for you to use.

cheers,

j
makie43

Thanks guys, I did replace the seals, I tried sash cord and a few other things but ended up using Telecom rope,stuffed in as much as I could, turned the motor over to jamb it up against the valves, made a tool to compress the springs and the rest was easy... :thumbup2: