mighty ve ute transformation

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Dannygibbons

Stripped
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Dannygibbons

While I attack the motor mods I've got a mate doing all the priming for me here is and pic of the finished guards before they get fibreglassed !
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Mr Anderson

Looking great, watching the updates eagerly!
1986 mighty boy, CB60 1L turbo, 80kw (107hp) at 12psi (sold)
Roboclan

Are you making molds of your front guards os others can purchase. i am in negotiations to buy this front bumper and make a mold ( see photo and wonder if your guards would suit my needs .
let me know
thanks rob  
Attachments
$_20.JPG
Dannygibbons

Hey mate nah I think my flairs are way to wide to match that bar sorry I've made them to suit my custom modified Ve ss commodore bar I posted a pick a few days ago of the bar and guard that will give u a rough idea of how much the flairs stick out mate!
Dannygibbons

Well been a very busy weekend built a Rotisery to chuck The mighty boy on a lot of fiddling to get the dead centre point of the car an to have it all level so that it would actually turn and have put a heap of bracing into The car so it doesn't fold up like a cardboard box when I cut the entire floor and chassis out !!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Brayden

Nice jig!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Dannygibbons

Thanks mate unfortunately it's only ever gonna be useful for a mighty boy lol
Dannygibbons

Another busy day today finished welding up the Rotisery and as you can see it works! Stripped the rest of the car ie the k frame out front suspension out rear axle and all wheels I originally left all these in so that when I bolted it to The Rotisery at the lowest adjustment hole I know that it's sitting where it will be ride hight!!
I've also cut out the entire floor ready to buil the new chassis!!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Jeo

Hell yeah.

Full floor gone suggests you're building anew floor, possibly with a transmission tunnel? I had just assumed it was the body kit from the start but this just got a lot more serious. What's the end plan?
Dannygibbons

Yea mate making it rear wheel drive and putting an Ecotec v6 into it 4link rear suspension front wishbone suspension and upgraded breaks all round the plan is to get as much working in The car as possible eg air con heater etc want to make it drivable on road ! Well at least till I get busted and it gets taken off the road then I'm just going to polish it up real nice and hide it in my shed and look at it once a week lol
Dannygibbons

Got the dif shortened rims and tyres bolted on all sitting under the car and car sitting at what I want ride height to be !!

Paper card template of rear chassis rails and 4link bracket kit as u can see the link bars are going to have to be cut down this is no surprise !!!
Gettin the shape and size of Te chassis was massive head fark took about 15 templates and half a day before I was happy with the end result I had to sacrifice a small part in the rear of the cabin but so be it
Attachments
Chassis template
Chassis template
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Jellety

Thats insane! I'll keep my eye's on this. I'm very impressed!
Dannygibbons

Long day of grinding cutting and welding but finally have the rear chassis rails made be back with more pics when I have them in the car and the 4 link kits all welded to the diff
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Dannygibbons

Got the rear cross member and rear chassis welded in place I will have to later cut a section out and put a loop in it for the tail shaft to go through I also had to reinforce the sills with some 3 mm plate a the original sills are weak as piss and I didn't want them tearing away!
Next I'll be welding in the 4 link kit stay tuned
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg