small dual cab ute

Chat about anything and everything.
arklan

ok so now that i got this electric hatch driving around no problem im thinking about the next one
to tick all the boxes it needs to be able to carry more than 2 people and also carry stuff like furniture or tools
i cant see myself ever needing to carry furniture but i want to have the option just in case
the current electric car is fine and does the job of getting groceries just fine, but i want it to have more use.
being that it can only take 2 people, it gets skipped the few times that more people want to go somewhere

a regular dual cab like a hilux is too heavy and weighs twice what the hatch does, the hatch takes 4 hours to charge from a 70km trip so a hilux would take 8 hours to charge from that distance.

does anyone know of any smaller dual cabs? did they ever make a sierra/jimny in a dual cab?

iv considered hacking a 4 door getz and making it in to a ute with the aluminium tray from the quad bike but it would be too much rigmarole to get it past the pits

any info appreciated :thumbup1:
gadj

There used to be a custom crew cab on the Sunshine Coast built up from 2 early Carry style utes - the cabs were siamesed & the wheelbase extended I would think the later style carry would be easier to bring to a factory look & a more practical size.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Brayden

Unfortunately the LWB Sierra/Drover wasn't ever made in a dual cab. The smallest four door ute would be an old Triton, Hilux or Rodeo.

Similar to Gadj's comment, you could get a late model Carry van with a back seat, and cut down the cargo area into a ute. Or if you don't particularly want a ute then just buy a WagonR+ and electrify that.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.