Brake Master Cylinder

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
shar

Hey guys, Has anyone had any luck searching for a brake master cylinder for their mighty???

I ordered a new one last week... JB1694 is the only 1 listed for mightyboy apparently but this is incorrect....

I found a listing in an old brake parts book for an early alto JB1620 and the picture looks correct but this is NLA according to PBR... Rebuild kit is also NLA

I just heard back from my local brake shop who I have asked if they can rebuild my old unit and they tell me the cylinder is.... well not very good to say the least...

So I was hoping someone may have had more luck on this and may be able to point me in the direction of someone to supply a new unit

Thanks in advance for any help

Shar
Brayden

No luck here either. I ordered a new MC apparently for an MB, but it was for a Sierra. You didn't happen to buy yours through ebay by any chance?

If your current MC is suitable for rebuild, check this:
http://www.teammightyboy.com/forum/view ... ter#p54577
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
shar

Na mate i try to avoid ebay for stuff like this. I have an account with a wholesale spares place i used to use alot when i worked for auto one. So i can return stuff if its not right. I did see a jb1620 on ebay today but $450 is a bit rich on something that MIGHT be right. The MC i dropped off today couldnt be rebuilt without being re sleeved. Quoted up to $350... so im going to try the MC from my other mighty and see if it can be rebuild easier (cheaper) but would still rather just put a new 1 on. Thanks for the link i will check it out
Colin

just got a JB1694 from a Nowra bkakes ,it is the correct one though the jb1694 i got from the local nowra moto spare parts shop was totally different. the correct JB1694 master cly was under $300 trade
MORE BEER! :beer:
ToranaGuy

What brand was the correct JB1694 master cylinder? Other than PBR, there are a few other brands of brake hardware out there in the market.

I'm very surprised a rebuild kit couldn't be bought thru Suzuki in India at the very least? They were building the hatch for a lot longer than the rest of the world...

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Colin

IBS
MORE BEER! :beer:
ToranaGuy

Colin wrote:IBS

That says it all. Not all the JB number for brake parts interchange between brands like PBR & IBS, as you have found out the hard way.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|