carby from china

Chat about anything and everything.
pegusas1969

hi everyone,
iam progressing with the change over from my f5 motor to an f8b but need some advice.
the motor i have was from a automatic 1988 alto.

I have heard that the carby is not really compatible with a manual setup, (might be an old wives tale)

i have been on the Alibaba website and have seen the following carby and i would like to know if this would be suitable.
if it is i would be interested in seeing if any one else would like one as i would have to place an order for a minimum of 20 units. freight should not be too expensive as I can get them put into a shipment of goods for the company I work for.
please let me know.
thanks
darryl
Attachments
ALTO 84312.jpg
If near enough was good life would be boring.
Ya Hya Chouhada
ssc87

Just ordered my new kazuma mammoth 800 carby from the states $184 usd plus $34usd freight to aus
ssc87

Brayden

There are several very important differences between the auto and manual carbies, and although you can physically install a manual carby on a motor with an auto box, it won't perform as nicely.
The main differences are that the auto carby has an additional vacuum idle-up system to prevent the engine from stalling when you shift into gear or the motor is cold. It also has overrun fueling valve to ensure the engine doesn't lean out on downhills.

If you use a manual carby you can set the base idle high to avoid stalling, but that isn't a perfect solution for obvious reasons. You can't really fix the lack of overrun fueling valve as it is cast into the carby body from the factory.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
BusBoy

I know it doesn't help with the auto vs manual aspect of your question, but I can confirm the Kazuma Mammoth carny works a treat on manual F8Bs at least - maybe try buying a carb from Kazuma instead of having to buy 20 at once from Alibaba?
Also try Aliexpress - it's a part of the Alibaba company but you can buy individual items, non of this bulk lot rubbish.