one of a kind mighty boy problem!

Chat about anything and everything.
Dannygibbons

Can u turbo an f8b motor?
Here is my problem I am building this mighty boy will be the only one of its kind. my problem that I keep running into is what to do motor wise! I have an f8b motor sitting there for it but am thinking to turbo it I want the thing to be like a little rocket! if not the f8b can someone help me out with some suggestions and where to obtain the half cut of suggested vehicle!!
Or if there are any new Suzuki's out that would be a suitable donor!!
arklan

everyone has a turbo boy, most notably brayden :)
theres a 1litre charade turbo around somewhere too

u could do something different and put a rotary in there :twisted:
Mr Anderson

Really? Everyone has a turbo mighty boy?

But yeah, there is two Charade Turbo MB's I know of, one here:
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/miranda/ ... 1040918650
1986 mighty boy, CB60 1L turbo, 80kw (107hp) at 12psi (sold)
Dannygibbons

I mean the exterior is going to be one of a kind I'm not fussed motor wise I just want something that is going to fit and go fast!! and I want a half cut of something so I can just take both cars to my mechanic and say swap these! and I need to know who to ring or where to look for said half cut??
Cheers
Brayden

There's a front cut on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JDM-Suzuki-A ... 4d2bfc527f

You will need more than a mechanic to get the job done as it involves some fabrication. Then you need an engineer to certify the swap.

F8B turbo can be done a few different ways. Depends on budget and how reliable it needs to be.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Dannygibbons

I want it to be reliable!
All the fabrication work I will do my self I'm panel beater by trade and have a mate that's an engineer so that side of things is not an issue when it comes to the actual motor side of it and what components go where or what I need I have no idea!
What would actually be involved if I were to buy that half cut would all fuel lines have to be changed amd how much actual work needs to be dome to the engine bay also would the bonnet have to have a scoop in it?
And what else would have to be purchased on top of the half cut!?
Or am I best off using f8b I have and torbocharging that!?
Sorry for all the questions your help is much appreciated
Brayden

How much you take from the front cut depends on how you want to tackle the job. The Alto and MightyBoy have totally different methods of mounting the motor and box. The Alto uses a single cradle under the sump, whereas the MightyBoy uses two cradles that also support the lower control arms. You can choose to try and graft the Alto setup into the MB, or fabricate mounts to match the Alto motor/box to the MB cradle. Each has its own benefits and drawbacks.

In addition to the front cut you would need to upgrade the fuel lines and install a high pressure fuel pump (plus surge tank and lift pump for increased engine safety). If you relocated the intercooler to the front of the engine bay (in front of the radiator) then there is no need to have a bonnet scoop.

The F8B turbo route is no less complicated, and if done properly works out more expensive than an F6A front cut because you need an aftermarket ECU and a bunch of other parts.

Either F8B or F6A involves a lot of fiddling with wiring, and front brake upgrades are advisable.
Dannygibbons

Wow see all that stuff just does my head in which is why I steer clear of it! I know it's going to be a massive job which is why I'm leaving it till last it's a fair way off but of that half cuts a good option I better grand it while it's available I'm assuming there pretty rare! Also if I were to sell my f8b aNd box u know anyone that's after one and what it's worth!?
In your opinion which of t Hg e two options will be less complicated fabrication wise and at the same time be more reliable and better performance! I'm not expecting it to do 10 secords but when I'm driving around I don't want to be doing speeds of an old granny ;-)
CHR15 N

Mr Anderson wrote:Really? Everyone has a turbo mighty boy?

But yeah, there is two Charade Turbo MB's I know of, one here:
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/miranda/ ... 1040918650

Just buy this one, its the most powerful street legal one I have seen. And check out the interior, its a one of a kind!
Roboclan

I can get you a k6a turbo motor with gearbox brand new i am buying 1 . have go the price down to $1400 usd with freight just have to pay customs charges. comppany have 6 motors and gearboxs left over from a project it was working on.
Dannygibbons

What sort of work is involved in putting one of them in what else will need to be purchased on top of that and is that post to Victoria??
Cheers
Roboclan

The k6a is the same motor used in a cupacinno is a 660cc turbo have a look under motor conversions on this site and that will give you most of the info. what i will do is give you the contact if you are interested and you can organize shipment direct to you. ill help when ready.
once in port they will notify you and you pay import charges and gst then just pick it up and its yours.
Brayden

Roboclan, can you confirm whether the K6A is a turn-key package?
If it doesn't come with a wiring loom and ECU then that would add a significant amount to the cost of installation.

That being said, $1400 would be a reasonable price for a complete running package.
Roboclan

Motor is as the picture I sent and they have confirmed that it does come with wiring and ecu
Dannygibbons

I always thought cappuccinos were rear wheel drive!