f10a ignition and possible super charger options

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
murryinc

F10a ignition timing? I cant deem to find out details for point gap Rpm or degree btc anywhere can someone shed some light. And if theres an option for electronic dizzy from another motor that will work please let me know.

Has anyone considered sc12 or amr300 superchargers for these motors
Brayden

Points gap is 0.5mm and base timing is 8 degrees BTDC @ 900RPM.

One of the former mechanics from Suzi Auto in Brisbane attempted an SC12 install. Not sure how it turned out.
If you were going for an AMR then the 500 would be far more suitable than the 300.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
murryinc

Cheers mate just a litte confused cause dizzy is almost at complete adjust ment at like 14dbtc so its either way out or its a f8a dizzy on a f10a motor? Can you show me your diZys
nick
Brayden

There can be a few reasons for that. The dissy might be out by a tooth, the timing belt has skipped, or the woodruff key on the crank is worn out.
murryinc

Cheers mate found ignition was way out firing order all wrong. Was 180 out and firing on 4 first all sorted and back to 8 degrees just need a tacho now. Any clue on wiring that up?
Brayden

Most tachos have 4 or 5 wires. Power and earth, light (and sometimes another earth) and the last wire goes to the negative post of the coil.
murryinc

Just curious what is required to change if i get an electronic DIZZY will there be any wiring changes will.coil need upgrade?? Cheers
Brayden

Technically you can keep the standard coil, but there's no reason you couldn't upgrade to coil without a ballast resistor and run 12v instead of 9v. Stronger spark is one of the advantages of upgrading to an electronic ignition.
murryinc

Awesome so something like a gt40 bosch would be ok. Is there any other wiring changes required man?
Brayden

Wiring (and coil choice) depends on what electronic ignition you choose. They're all a bit different.
murryinc

Cheers mate. Well have found one what i believe is off sk410 version carry. Which i believe my motor is from altho mine has points dizzy. Was looking at either gt40 or hec716 bosch