Fuel pump F8b same as F5a?????

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
eris58

Hi Fellow Mb people
Quick question. Is the F8b 800cc motor fuel pump the same as the F5a 550cc motor the same. I have a F8b in my Mighty boy and needs replacing but only can find listings local for the 550 one. Thank you any help :) Cris
m00neelee

Yes, FuelMiser list the same part number (FPM-080) for both F5A & F8B.
NOTE: The term Mighty Boy is a registered trade mark of the Suzuki Motor Corporation and in no way represent that the vehicle is Mighty or a Boy, but it is a ute damn it!
Brayden

Just to follow up on this issue, I bought a Fuel Miser FPM-080 and it did NOT work on an F8B. The pump arm is too short - in fact I'll be surprised if it hasn't damaged the cam lobe.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Psi_Wagon

you sure you just had the plastic spacer on? when i did my fuel pump i found theres 2 types of pump (same part number) one requires the plastic spacer (using 2 gaskets), one doesnt.
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
Brayden

I used the plastic spacer provided with the new pump. I didn't consider fitting the pump without the spacer as the problem isn't the overall length of the arm, but the angle and length of the bit after the bend.

To double check I measured the various pumps I had in a box and they all fell into two design styles - all with their original spacers still fitted.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.