Starter Motor won't turn over

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Hayden_bayto

Hi Guys,

My mighty boy is having some issues with starting, the battery went flat for about a month and i just recently got a new one, the dash lights would come on but when i turn the key it won't turn over, I've checked the power supply to the starter and the earth, changed the terminals and still nothing.
do i need to get the starter reconditioned or does anyone have any ideas of whats happening?

cheers
Hayden
ceej

I am assuming that when you say you checked the power supply to the starter and earth and replaced the terminals that you weren't getting any reading?

If this is the case, try and check the fusible link running from the positive terminal on the battery. From memory it is an 18 or 20 AWG white/green wire and is a common weak point in the starting system.

Do you have any noises at all? Can you hear the starter solenoid clicking or anything or is it just turn key and nothing?
Garry. Nuff sed!
Hayden_bayto

yeah it was getting a response when i turn the key but wasn't turning over, but i pulled it off and hooked jumper leads up to it with a fully charged battery and checked the response and the solenoid was working but the motor wasn't turning very fast. so i overhauled it and runs perfect now.
ceej

Good to hear mate. :thumbup1:
Garry. Nuff sed!