Aircon in MB possible if dedicated / willing to spend $ ?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Darts

Hey guys,

Recently become aware and fell in love with the mighty boys. I'm thinking of buying one in my area ( Perth WA ) this weekend.

I'm wondering, as my mechanical / fitting skills are pretty limited, is it possible to get Air Con fitted to the mighty boy if you're willing to spend the $.

I've trawled through most of the forum checking out everyones projects, I know that getting AC fitted is alot of effort for minimal reward

But if so, what would be the best way about doing this?

If I end up buying it I would probably use it as a daily driver so AC will be a must here in and around summer. 

It's pretty much the deciding factor in me getting it. 

Cheers.
Kei

I was in the same position as you man.   Couldn't convince myself to get a car without A/C.

If you pay someone to do it, you're looking at like 3k. 

Find something with factory A/C instead.   Like an alto RS/R or a Carry.
Darts

Yeah fair enough, I'm as keen on the same era carry vans. Just gotta find one.
Brayden

Easiest solution would be to buy an MB with a clagged (or standard) engine. Buy a Daewoo Matiz with aircon and swap the whole drivetrain w/ A/C into the MB.
EFI + 5 speed + A/C = winning.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Darts

Righto, are the hatches basically the same front end as the mighty boys?
Jeo

Darts

Just curious if the engines on the engine conversion page are the same story for hatches? Or is there a bit more room in the hatch engine bay.

I assumed becuase an f8b fitsbstraigjt in it would be the same story
Brayden

Hatch models are basically the same as an MB in terms of dimensions. Hatch engine bay is a little bit taller at the front because it isn't raked as much as the MB.
Darts

I potentially have access to an f8b engine and gearbox. Will this fit into a stock mighty boy's mounts or do I need other parts of the engine bay from the hatch that it came from.

Ive read conflicting threads about this, and I only have access to the engine and gearbox itself, not the old shell from where it came from.
Brayden

There shouldn't be any conflicting info, I thought it was common knowledge that F8B and F5A share engine mounts.
You need to swap the MB engine bracket from the driver's side, because the Hatch bracket is slightly different. Also the alternator needs to be swapped.
Darts

No worries.

So if o had access to f8b engine and gearbox only I'd still need to track down a driver's side engine bracket and alternator from a batch somewhere?
Brayden

No, you take the alternator and engine bracket off the engine you remove from the MB.