New mightyboy in sydney!

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Jellety

Heey guys! So I'm from Holland, and living in Sydney. I used to be a backpacker but i decided to stay here in Australia. Back home in the Netherlands i build and owned a suzuki swift awd turbo. Heaps of fun but pulled apart and sold for some money to travel. spend 6 months in asia, and than arrived in melbourne, went to a farm in broken hill and after that went here to sydney where i live now on coogee beach. I was in the car to the bunnings for some stuff for work, and next to me pulled up the smallest ute i've ever seen! I couldnt believe my eyes and asked my mate what it was, he replied, thats a suzuki Mighty boy! I couldn't believe my ears, its a suzuki, and i love suzuki, and the name 'mighty boy' is the best name in the universe for a car like this. So I searched internet a bit, and i fell in love with the little car. So i kept an eye out on ebay and gumtree, and one day there was one for 1400 dollar. Was a bit to mutch for me but I decided to give him a call. After some chatting we came to a price of 1200 dollar. Still a bit mutch but i couldnt help myself and bought the car. Apperently it used to be owned by the Newcastle stunt team, pretty funny.

So the car did run, but didn't idle, only on choke on way to many revs. It was all a bit old and shit,so I ordered a fuel miser kit for a rebuild of the carby. All good, gave it a quick cleanup and the new gaskets, and while i put it together again I saw they been messing with the main jetting of the carby. The workshop manual is telling me it should be #88.8 and #132.5. I cant remember what it was at the moment, but it was way bigger. But regardless I put her back together, started her up after getting a new battery and she started. All good while driving but shes going a bit rich i had the feeling. Than when i let it idle it floods the engine and i can't start it for 10 minutes. And that kept happening, so after a quick check I saw that the main venturi keeps spraying allot of fuel into the carby at idle, theres like a puddle of fuel on the butterfly valve and it floods the engine. Now i dont know mutch about carby's, but what i do know is that i hate carburators. So I will not be bothered screwing around with it anymore and buy a f5a carby that comes from a proper running engine and put that straight on my engine. At least it will work than I hope with all the right jetting and adjustments. But i will make an add in the wanted section for that.

So the plan is to put a mpfi Dohc Chery qq engine in the little ute. Why? Because its an 3 cilinder, over square engine, 12 valve, dohc, 800cc and they get used it beach buggy's allot so parts are available, and from what i have heard, even stronger gearboxes, but dont trust me on that one,. And with some modifications, it is a prefect little turbo project for about 100HP.

Now, enough talking, now some pictures

Jellety

So if anyone has a proper f5a carby laying around. I'm interested.
Jeo

Brilliant intro! Welcome.
Jellety

Thanks! Its not the best written english but it should be readable haha! I like your 1 litre project! Inspirational!
Brayden

Welcome! The Chery QQ is more or less a copy of the locally sold Daewoo Matiz, in case you were looking for something a little easier to source for an EFI motor with 5 speed box.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Jellety

That could be interesting awsell, i will have to fabricate or make a new intake manifold though, because it looks like the one from the matiz is from plastic. But heaps of options! In the general section i saw that brand new f8b mpfi coming by out of china for 960 dollars. That could be interesting aswell! Is that tje engine you run brayden? Because i just saw in your descrpition you run a f8b mpi?
Brayden

F8B with MPFI from an F6A.
Jellety

that's cool, that sounds like one hell of a job though. Do the intake ports line up? And are the injectors in the manifold or the cilinderhead? and what ecu are you using? I will be going on adaptronic because i'm familiar with it because my swift turbo used to use it. Its pretty dear but so many options!
Brayden

The intake and exhaust manifolds from a SOHC F6A line up perfectly. Same flange bolt pattern too. I'm using a Microtech ECU but will likely swap to Adaptronic (or Haltech) next rebuild.
There's complete threads on my ute build on the forum, including process and costs.
Jellety

funny it all matched up, i checked out your topic. Very interesting. I want to go DOHC though. Its just this thing I really like. I always have the feeling 6 valve engines have 6 valves short haha!
I been looking into f6a engine, but they are quite hard to get. fun little engine's though! I read somewhere there a re cappuchino's with 200! HP Thats insane from 660cc! And even more insane in a mightyboy, but what to do with the whole transmission? You will rip the whole thing apart