Is the mighty boy good for a first car/daily

Chat about anything and everything.
izuzu69

Hi guys, 

My dream car is a jeep but with the money i have saved that does not look like it is a viable plan. 
Im looking for a cheap daily car that i can upgrade and i think the mighty boy fits perfectly, plus i will have some money left over for parts etc. 

Is it good enough to daily? 
Are they cheap to run? 
what is the one thing i would HAVE to upgrade first? 

Thank you! 
CHR15 N

Yeah they are cheap to run for sure. First thing I'd do is swap out the original steering wheel, then look at seats. Upgrade the engine if budget allows.
Brayden

Define cheap. ;) Running costs (oil, fuel, tyres) are cheap, on par with any other small car.
Considering any MB you buy will be 30+ years old, things like bushes, suspension, hoses and gaskets will all be showing their age. Some parts are no longer in production, or difficult to find. Parts to modify are pretty much custom or nothing.

If I was looking for a cheap reliable daily I'd go for something newer, like a Suzuki Jimny. Strong, reliable, efficient, and replacement/upgrade parts are all available off the shelf.

If you must have a MightyBoy (and let's face it, who wouldn't) then you'll live with the costs and maintenance/upgrades. :D
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Psi_Wagon

Brayden wrote: If you must have a MightyBoy (and let's face it, who wouldn't) then you'll live with the costs and maintenance/upgrades. :D
Exactly, i daily mine, but i also maintain my own cars.  you kinda need to if you want to use old cars regularly
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305