Suzuki Hatch 800cc

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
daz3d

Hey hows it going peeps..

As yous probably know ive got the 85 charade turbo G11R and recently just brought a mint 1984 Suzuki Hatch 800cc and basically just wanted to know what sort of mods can be done to them and what others have done to them.

I pick the car up on Monday and i was bascially going to get an exhaust put on it and wanted to know what size is best suited and i also was looking at going turbo and just wanted to know how i would go about it...
1984 Suzuki Hatch In Ford XR6 Orange ;)
edmund

Hey there daz3d...... good to know that you now own a 800cc hatch, i've got one too check out the pictures, the link is in my signature..........

Also post some pictures of your ride too, eager to see another hatch!!! ...........an let us know what you do with that '85 Charade turbo G11R.................
Brayden

1¾" exhaust is the most suitable exhaust size, but if you're not going to fit extractors then you won't get a noticeable performance increase. Then again if you're planning on a turbo setup then the extractors won't matter. ;)

As for the turbo setup, have a read of this:

http://www.tamon.org/?page=guides&id=10
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Colin

aaawww brayden ,now youve made me feel bad look how clean my engine bay is ....now i will feel guilty every time i look under the bonet
time for a clean up 8) :roll:
MORE BEER! :beer:
daz3d

Brayden wrote:1¾" exhaust is the most suitable exhaust size, but if you're not going to fit extractors then you won't get a noticeable performance increase. Then again if you're planning on a turbo setup then the extractors won't matter. ;)

As for the turbo setup, have a read of this:

http://www.tamon.org/?page=guides&id=10
What brand and size extractors would you go for ?
daz3d

edmund wrote:Hey there daz3d...... good to know that you now own a 800cc hatch, i've got one too check out the pictures, the link is in my signature..........

Also post some pictures of your ride too, eager to see another hatch!!! ...........an let us know what you do with that '85 Charade turbo G11R.................
Sold the Charade just today the new owner is picking it up on wednesday so thats one less car now...

Heres the pics of my new car

edmund

Brayden wrote:1¾" exhaust is the most suitable exhaust size, but if you're not going to fit extractors then you won't get a noticeable performance increase. Then again if you're planning on a turbo setup then the extractors won't matter. ;)
Brayden, considering i will have to fabricate a set of headers for my hatch, would it be possible for you to gimme some precise measurements and the materials involved,
thx........ 8)
Cheers....
Ed!~
edmund

Sweet ride daz3d.................love your hatch.....

One question tho........is the hatch door standard like the one on your car in australia? Because here in india, only the hatch glass opens to access the boot............. :wink:
Brayden

Edmund, we don't have 4 door versions in Australia, and all ours have hatches like the pic above. ;)

For your extractors, I think its best to use 1¼" steam pipe mandrels to make them up from, then from the collector onwards use 1¾" mild steel pipe.
daz3d

yeash the whole thing opens...

Also rims wise what sort do i look at getting as in size etc
Brayden

daz3d

Well basically i picked up the hatch an drove it all yesterday and today and its a fun little car but far to slow haha just wondering where i would start and getting it going quicker?