leaving

Chat about anything and everything.
gazuga

hey all, so i scored myself a job in the US for 6 months, so i wont be attending any cruises/shows over the summer. i should still be floating around the site a bit once i get myself set up over there. the mb's going into storage while im away, so ill definately be up for cruise or something once i get back. 6 months without driving the boy :cry: dave how do you do it :x

so yeah for any one interested. the job is driving tour buses around the ski resorts in aspen. fly out this friday and will be back early may sometime.
Eskibagh

congrats on the job! Do you know how to ski?
"Oh! look at that car burn! Does it get any better than this?" H. Simpson
Munchskinman

congrats on job. see ya early may.
Josh

Take care Mark. :wink:
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
Brayden

Have fun Mark! One word - BANGBUS! :keke:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
eDave

lol, Brayden!

Congrats on the job mate! Have a great time!

it's been 16 months since I've seen my boy (let alone driven). :cry:
I keep having strange dreams about getting into it and the boost doesn't work. :(

Luckily, you'll only be away for 6 months mate! I hope the bus has a nice big turbo to keep you entertained!

:wink:
Mel

awesome work on the job!!!! have a FANTASTIC time!!!!

take care...
see you once you get back....

hey btw.... who am i going to hang out and get pissed on slushys with at the nats???? hahaha
gazuga

thanks all :D

the thing none of you seem to have noticed is me+bus+snow... can we say driftbus :twisted:

and yes mel im trying to figure out how to get back for the nats then back to work again without them noticing..
Mel

hahahaha im sure you mentioned your aunty was getting married (again)... or was it your cousin????
Brayden

eDave wrote: I keep having strange dreams about getting into it and the boost doesn't work. :(
:shifty: I didn't steal your turbo. :P
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Colin

good luck and try not to scare too many with your driving :roll:
MORE BEER! :beer:
mowog

Good luck!
How did you get a plain old job like that? I thought there would be a million yanks that can drive a bus.
gazuga

hey hey, so im here, well been here for a week already..
tip to people heading over here. yes it costs more but fly direct if possible. i had a stop over in hong kong and i ended up spending 27 hours flying time as opposed to 13 direct.
now if your ready for a rant, i dont have much time so it will be a quick rant, but keep reading.. if not skip to the bottom :roll:

actually change in plans, ill give the good points, everything else can be assumed as shit..
ummm.. i have an aussie room mate..
ferdie

just remember that the bus will take a slightly bigger parking bay than the boy....
gazuga

ok, so ive got a bit more time this time..
to mowog, saw it advertised in the melbourne paper, applied as a bit of a joke and they said yes.

so an amendment to my original post, im not in aspen, im just down the road at avon, which is in the vail valley, which is the number 2 ski mountain in the world apparently. Its also apperntly cheaper to live here than aspen, its like the peoples aspen as far as i can tell..

so back to the rant i promised last post. so i gets to LA airport, find where my connection is leaving no problems, have about an hours wait. then my flight gets delayed an hour :roll: . this also not a problem.. or so i think at the time. anyways so the plane shows up half hour after the delayed time it was supposed to. i gets on(a little sardine can with wings) and we get parked in by an international flight. so we have to wait for it to unload then, reload and get out of the way so we can leave. 2 hours sitting in the plane on the ground :evil:
so we finnaly get to denver which is my stop, and because of all the delays ive missed the last shuttle for the night to avon. so i have to sleep in the airport :evil: :x
so i catch the first shuttle to avon, give them the adress of where im going, and they boot me off at vail. half hour from avon :doh:
so i finaaly gets to where im going, exacly 43 hours after i left australia!

first good thing i find over here is food is really cheap. so i buys said food, and i find out why so cheap. the stuff that doesnt taste like week old mouldy ass, doesnt taste like anything :NFI: the only reason you know your eating is because theres weight in your mouth. although now ive been here almost a week i think my taste buds have stopped trying, cos i seem to be tasting familiar things. like i had lasagne the other night, and it was almost a passable impersonation of food.

so theres a heap more on my whinge list at the moment but ill save them for later.

in closing. america :mooning: