Local Help

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
borry

hey guys,

as it stands i am very new here ( first post ) however i have been around car forums for quite some time now having owned a 347 stroker Au ute, and now a slightly modded VX SS commodore. However i have always been interested in mighty boys and i currently have one pretty much back to bare metal awaiting a re spray then its off to get some wheels etc etc.

Just wondering if anyone here is also from the Great Sunhine Coast, who would have or has had any work done on their boy here ? first up will obviously be getting the carby etc put back onto my current F5B motor ? from what ive read anyway, and ill get it all registered, then i will be looking for an F6a ( i think this is the twin cam 660cc turbo motor from a wagon R ? and five speed box )

anyway any local help will always be good, because as far as somethign small and light i have never had anything to do with before! so its going to fun!!

ill be sure to post up pics of the boy when i get her all painted and get some wheels on her

cheers guys!
Borry
ToranaGuy

Borry,

Welcome to the forums.

You will find that mighty boy owners are spread right across this brown sunburnt land, and it can be hard finding other's " locally " who can help with them. But fear not, you have landed in a very helpful community of mighty boy owners & fanatics (!), any questions you have, ask & read these here forums and you may very well get the answer. There are a few tech guides on the site that may also help with working on your boy, just follow the guides link at the top of the site.

When it comes down to it, they are fairly simple car's in engineering terms, so if you could spin the spanners on the Au or the Vx, you should be fine with the mighty boy!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
stevan_istheman

Look where i'm at. :wink:
<-------
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
gremlin

I'm down south a bit, but occasionaly go up there for one reason or another (pretty sure i still owe Steven a look at my boy too).
Dunno what help i'd be, but if i can i'm more than happy to.
stevan_istheman

gremlin wrote: (pretty sure i still owe Steven a look at my boy too).
You're damn right.. :lol:
BAL4 Designs
borry

good to hear there are a few people from nearby anyway!

never turned the spanners on the vx, its meant to be the mild daily driver, so tis only got intake, exaust and edit dont to it... with highway figures of 8-9L per 100 clicks, im pretty sure i wont be allowed to touch ti anymore...

i barely got to even have a good look at it before my keenness to over and i masked it all up and started sanding as the faded paint looked pretty terrible.

be good to catch up with a few peopel tho when i get her all looking pretty and the rego and stuff all done..
niiko

Maybe now there are enough people in bris to organise a cruse....

:)

It has been a while..........
gremlin

I'd be up for that! :D
stevan_istheman

How long does it take to run in an F8B? :wink:
BAL4 Designs
Gladier

coinslot is also up that way .. somewhere
Jermaine

Gladier wrote:coinslot is also up that way .. somewhere
correct me if im wrong but trevor brought is mb..
ceej

He no longer has Brutus, but he has got a really sweet GTi... :twisted:
Garry. Nuff sed!
Gladier

mmm g13b turbo in mightyboy.....
borry

Gladier wrote:mmm g13b turbo in mightyboy.....
would be nice, its also a pity the 1.3L turbo motor from a Starlet GTI wont fit, there are dead set front cuts of them everywhere! and for 2100-2400 you would have everntyihg you need to make it work... ahh wells
niiko

I have measured up a starlet motor a few months ago, you could get it to fit if you modify the chassis rail. If your going to mod the chassis you might as well put in the gti motor.......