Local Help

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
borry

why the GTI motor ? i would assume the starlet motor would be a better tuner to start with. in saying that i assume it woudl cost less to get going well. I have seen a few turbo gti motors, but the thing is you would have to turbo it... the starlet motor is already turbo and would respond better to intake and exaust mods then the zook motor...

correct me if im wrong..

and i certainly dont want to start chopping chassis rails... sound slike wayyy too much work
ToranaGuy

If my g/f get's another car, in a few yrs time i'd love to turn my mighty boy into a pure drag car. I'm thinking along the lines of:

G13a SOHC 1.3lt from a swift
5spd from same swift
A turbo, FMIC and so on.
Custom EFI

I reckon it could be built pretty cheaply & put down some good times, based on power to weight ratio. :twisted: If it stays as a daily driver, i'll build up the 2nd F8b i have in the shed to be a turbo engine, maybe try and dig up an alto 5spd as well.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Gladier

borry wrote:the starlet motor is already turbo and would respond better to intake and exaust mods then the zook motor...

correct me if im wrong..

and i certainly dont want to start chopping chassis rails... sound slike wayyy too much work
probably 1/2 the active members on here are suzuki swift GTi fans.

but either way - theres more aftermarket goodies for the g13b than for the starlet motor.

also what are you basing the intake/exhaust mod theory on????
stevan_istheman

3 Cylinder all the way!
4 cylinder is cheating... :evil:
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
borry

Gladier wrote:
also what are you basing the intake/exhaust mod theory on????
i would assume the turbo motor would respond better to intake and exhaust mods then the NA swift motor... im no mechanic this is jsut what i assumed.
Brayden

Starlet motor would be a better choice by leaps and bounds. Cheaper, more powerful, stronger... no comparison!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gadj

8) Hey, I'm up in the hills overlookin the Sunshine Coast (Maleny). And I know other owners up here that are not in the forum.

Gadj
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..