Mightyboy seatbelts

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
fritz

Hey!
Has anyone replaced the seatbelts in their mightyboy?
I have read some things about altos which were being complied, but dont know if that is the same???

Any advise appreciated (price, availability). :)
gadj

I haven't done a MightyBoy but is same principle as any other vehicle.
You will need to measure the length of the stalk that the seat belt connects into & go to your auto spares supplier, who will consult a Klippan seat belt application guide for the best fitment. Care should be taken as it is very easy to get the wrong belt, as the chart can be confusing. (I was a parts interpreter in the past). Expect to pay around $75.00 to $100.00 each, some models are dearer.
Fitment is relatively straight forward & if you have difficulty there is a helpline shown on the package.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Trish

I need to get new ones too so let me know how you go
fritz

I went to coventries, but apparently they dont have a listing for them. Or any suzuki apparently. The lady serving reckons I'll have to go origional.

Does anyone know if seatbelts from any newer model suzi's would fit?
stevan_istheman

I grabbed some out of the old CA shape alto we wrecked..
they work so far, so i guess hatch units would probably be the same
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
Hewball

stevan_istheman wrote:I grabbed some out of the old CA shape alto we wrecked..
they work so far, so i guess hatch units would probably be the same
just checked my hatch ones aint the same as the mightyboy ones, saying that i found a link to who made them

http://www.autolivaftermarket.com/
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/Hewball/][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/per_gall.gif[/img][/url]
fritz

What year is CA?
I need newer ones that dont rattle...
gadj

Seems the girl at Coventry does not understand the seat belt listing chart.
Klippan list by type and buckle stalk length as well as listing some popular models. I will go back to where I used to work & get part numbers &/or the help line number.
It does not matter what the vehicle is there is a suitable belt available but it may require some patience & trial & error
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
gadj

Allrighty(boy) :roll: poor humor...
Klippan part No. K1512 is a vertical mount inertia reel lap sash belt with a 300mm stalk-buckle assembly - the closest match to my MB.
You may find you also need a fitting kit Part No. K2887
these part numbers will fit either left or right and are single units not pairs.
If tech advice for fitment(the right part) or fitting(of the part) is required
Klippan's help line is 1800 804 588.
I have sold numerous seat belts in my past as a parts interpreter & often had some trial & error in working out the right part.
I have also had experience in fitting belts - it is simple once you get your head around it
N.S.W owners may need to check their laws regarding who fits the belts.
fritz

Thanks gadj

Assuming they're about the $100 mark, I'll let you know how I go with them... :) :) :)