Apprenticeship at Audi

Chat about anything and everything.
Squirt

Tez wrote:
i so hope i get it
Try not to hang too much on it - it will be great if you do get it, but don't be shattered if you don't! - You'll probably have many other guys your age with comparable skills also trying.
the funny thing is, i am the only person that is applying, as they haven't actually advertised for anyone yet, and they want to put someone on in the next few weeks!! so its like i am almost straight in!! but you are right tez if i dont get it ive gotta not be too upset lol :D
Trevor

This from a mechanic, pic another trade, you can always work on cars on the weekend, ie. work on a MB they are good to learn from, You'll make more money that way.Refrigeration and A/c mechanic,that's what I did as my second trade, more money, company car and it's like several trade's in one.
Squirt

nope. i got the job :D
Tez

Congratulations Squirt! :lol:

Well done, mate.

When do you start?
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Karu

Then stick with the car detailing Squirt. I used to work for a large new car dealership who sold Nissan, Holden (at the time the new VL), Hyundai (when they were brand new to Aust and absolutely crap) Mazda, Saab (how I loved those 900 Aero's) and Ferrari. And I used to drive them all, whether it be to the petrol station or many kilometres to register them. The mechanics couldn't do that.
Squirt

no, i will go for the apprenticeship mechanics position, ill get paid more :D im so stoked thankyou tez
suzutey

i have 3 yr12 exams left. :) yay. was going to uni in melb to do bachelors degree in automotive engineering. but, decided i would rather e a real man and do some work. haha. nah, mainly just the fact i couldnt stand anouther 5 years of school. so i start my apprenticeship in December.

not sure what it will be in yet, haven't decided. it can either be automotive mechanic, marine mechanic or apprenticeship in motor sport. any input would be helpfull?

the place itself is an old family business, they build a maintain ski race boats for several teams, pit for them at races, build race engines for many things, performance tuning, any boat involved work, etc

i chose this place because every day is different. lots of using the brain. 8)

so ive gone from .8l mightyboy to 9l twin turbo , haha bit of a big jump