carby problems

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
ROM088

Hi

my car decided to play up today, it started to idle very high so I dissconected the idle solenoid to see if this was the problem.

I removed the idle soleniod and replaced the o ring as it looked like it was not sealing and losing vaccum.

it seems to be idling better but I am thinking maybe I should replace this soleniod as it may be faulty.

if anyone can offer any advice it would very helpful.

does anyone know if you can still buy new parts for these carbys ??

cheers
Brayden

If the idle solenoid was broken it defaults to "off", so the motor wouldn't idle at all. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ROM088

Brayden wrote:If the idle solenoid was broken it defaults to "off", so the motor wouldn't idle at all. ;)
my car was idling exreemly fast, probably about 3,000 rpm or higher, so I disconnected the wire to the idle soleniod and it stalled.

then when I removed the soleniod the rubber o ring looked like it was very loose so I replaced it with another one and put it back together and now it seems to be idling ok.

so I suppose I must have fixed the problem for now :?

cheers, roman
Jermaine

the idel solanoide helps stop run on when u turn the engine off by stopping fuel through the idle circuit, it wouldnt make it idle high, a vacume leak could make it idle high.. the idle solanoide if buggered will just stall the motor at idle.
stevan_istheman

I'd be checking the secondary to make sure it's not leaking... When i first did my F8B conversion it would only run at 3000+ RPM. anything lower it would over fuel and stall.
Lucky i had a spare carbie at the time.

Just another thought. :wink:
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.