to much smoke!!!

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
jake

hey guys ive just converted my f5a auto to a f8b manual in my mighty boy. the car runs and drives after the conversion but its blowing a fair amount of smoke out the back. when i toke the f8b out of an alto it went a treat and didnt blow smoke, why is it doing it now?

thanks
Brayden

What colour is the smoke and when does it occur most often?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
jake

It's white smoke and if I start it at first there's no smoke but once I give it a rev it's starts to smoke. I've only driven it up and down the road since the swap over coz if theres something wrong I don't want to make it worse. I got some of that no smoke oil treatment stuff and it didn't seem to do much. Any suggestions?
Brayden

If the smoke has a bluish tinge and smells like oil then you have oil getting into the combustion chamber. This could be as simple as over filling the engine with oil, or something more sinister like worn out stem seals, worn out rings or a piston with a hole in it.

If the smoke is white and has no real odour then the problem is water in the combustion chamber, which is usually caused by a blown head gasket.

Either way I would do a compression test on the motor before starting/driving it.
jake

Ok thanks I'll have a better look and sus it all out proply
mightytuf86

what about if it just shoots one puff on start up and a light oily smell that a normal thing? other then that runs perfect...
Brayden

That's likely to be worn stem seals/valve guides.
mightytuf86

no worries , thought it could of been cause the enagine hasnt been started in 7 months