oil in air filter

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
courierguy

Hi all, just want to know why i'm getting oil inside the air filter casing :?: Normally is just a small film of oil, but lately is getting more .do i just clean it up and bear it or will it get worst over time.............
Bear351c

Hi CG, very new to this forum and small cars in general, but, an engine is an engine.
The oil is coming up from the rocker/valve cover. As your piston rings wear, the amount of oil left on the bores increases and gets past, as a way of recycling the fumes (emission control), the oil mist is dumped in the air cleaner to be re-used in combustion. Sorry to say, it will not get any better, until you do some internal engine maintenance.
Commonly known as "blow-by". It won't kill your engine, so don't panic, but, it will get worse with each year. You may find your plugs will foul quicker, try a hotter plug in future.

Hope this helps. :NFI:
mowog

could also be valve stem seals gone hard only solution is to replace can be done without removing head if you know how pretty simple tho to remove head
Psi_Wagon

for the time being run the breather from the rocker cover to a catchcan, give the carby a good cleanout (secondarys may be blocked now like mine where). not a fix, but will let the car run alot better without being choked with oil until you can rebuild
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
cozza

it's just blow by i had the same with mine got worse and worse till rebuild time, another quick fix just to help reduce the amount of oil getting to the filter is to put a small bottle brush in the breather hose and reattach it to the air box ive done this many ties it helps to reduce the amount of oil without blocking anything up.