Flood

Chat about anything and everything.
grant4561

Dave,

Off topic I know but I just read this post.

I live about 5 KM from Bli Bli.
Have you ever seen a silver cappo zipping through town?
Dave

grant4561 wrote:Dave,

Off topic I know but I just read this post.

I live about 5 KM from Bli Bli.
Have you ever seen a silver cappo zipping through town?
Can't say I have mate. Actually not too long ago I saw a silver one on the back of a tow truck driving through Nambour?
grant4561

I have a silver and a green one and I know of 2 other red ones in the area.
Dunno where the silver one on a tow truck was from. Sure it wasnt a copen?
Dave

grant4561 wrote:I have a silver and a green one and I know of 2 other red ones in the area.
Dunno where the silver one on a tow truck was from. Sure it wasnt a copen?
Don't think I've seen any other Cappo's up here, well not that I remember. Pretty sure the silver one was a Cappo, I was right behind it at the lights.

Do you go out on any of the boostcruising or horsepower playground cruises up here?
grant4561

The cappo you saw was probably one from Toowoomba which was sold at a classic car auction in Toowoomba a month or two ago. It was unregistered so that was probably it going to its new home.

Cruises? No none of the ones you mentioned.
The local MG car club do cruises but dont want me probably becuase I crap all over an MG.
There is a fairly active MX5 club also but they dont want me either "MX5's only" they reckon.

I have been thinking of organising a mini "Fun" rally though with Mightyboys and Redline GTI guys.
Dave

grant4561 wrote:The cappo you saw was probably one from Toowoomba which was sold at a classic car auction in Toowoomba a month or two ago. It was unregistered so that was probably it going to its new home.

Cruises? No none of the ones you mentioned.
The local MG car club do cruises but dont want me probably becuase I crap all over an MG.
There is a fairly active MX5 club also but they dont want me either "MX5's only" they reckon.

I have been thinking of organising a mini "Fun" rally though with Mightyboys and Redline GTI guys.
Ah ok. Well, I'll definately be keeping an eye out for some Cappo's up here then!

The cruises I mentoined aren't clubs, just car enthusiasts in general so theres a heap of different cars that go.

The rally you're thinking of organising sounds like it'll be good. I'd definately come :thumbup1:
gadj

Minor flooding again today... or so I thought. Upstairs neighbor overflowed the bathtub AGAIN. Last time near killed my surround sound/DVD system & this time just missed the new computer :censored: :x

Noticed a red Cappa. around Caloundra/Landsborough/Peachester driven by cute young chick.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
grant4561

gadj wrote:Noticed a red Cappa. around Caloundra/Landsborough/Peachester driven by cute young chick.
She's a teacher at a local school.
The cappo is in pretty poor condition as she donest know much about them.
Dave

So, most of you probably know QLD is being raped by mother nature at the moment... How's everyone going? anyone had to evacuate or anything yet? Anyhow, hope the other QLD members are safe and sound!

Where I live we are currently flooded in at the moment. All roads in/out of the town I live in are flooded. On the plus side, no work until the flood waters go down :)

Across the road from my house are (were - it's a lake ATM) Sports fields -
P1090621.JPG
Member grant4561 lives on the other side of that :P

Have been off work over the Christmas/New Year period since the 23rd of Dec. And I'm not far from going insane from being stuck inside the house for 3 weeks playing video games, so a mate and I decided to make the most of it :D
P1090697.JPG
Will upload some more pic's soon-ish.
Billie

Fine at everton park but nearly got stuck at work on zilmere road. The creek behind our house is creeping up but yeah. No evacuation yet, and i have work tomorrow, sending vehicles up north for flood relief.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Tez

Having watched the live coverage on telly tonight, and seen the Vids on YouTube, can I say on behalf of all us MightyBoy owners NOT under threat from the floods in Queensland: Take Care if you're under threat and don't be a hero.

The loss of life thus far is unacceptable - we don't need anyone more to loose their life just because of some muddy water.

Our thoughts are with you guys.

Best of luck & hang in there.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
gadj

Maleny isn't suffering too badly by comparison. Obi Obi Ck. has twice breached the 3M+ mark in the last 4 days. I have ended up helping the S.E.S filling &/or carting sandbags (Sunday 9th & Tuesday 11th).
The Obi flows into the Mary River at Kenilworth so with the rain here, Gympie & Maryborough(Qld.)are in for extended flooding (takes 3-4 days for water to reach Gympie & another 2 to Maryborough - they are already flooded.
I have only had 30mm deep running through the kitchen, came in through the garage & under the kitchen door as well as through the cracks in the kitchen wall. The drains around the building just don't cope with more than light rain. The surprise was it did not come up through the bedroom floor as did last few times.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Dave

The worst affected areas in QLD so far would be - Toowoomba (copped it the hardest and most of the place is completely under water) Ipswich, Brisbane CBD (Brisbane River burst its banks) West End (quite a few places out there under water) and other parts of Brisbane South Side. Wivenhoe Dam almost hit 200% capacity this afternoon. Sunshine Coast isn't so bad, It's mainly just the road closures that's causing the drama.

As much as I'd like to go help out the SES or just volunteer somewhere while I can't get to work, I simply can't. Which sucks.
Dave

Billie wrote:Fine at everton park but nearly got stuck at work on zilmere road. The creek behind our house is creeping up but yeah. No evacuation yet, and i have work tomorrow, sending vehicles up north for flood relief.
How far up north? The Bruce H/Way was closed around Caboolture/Glass House area earlier today, unsure if they've opened it back up though. Gympie is blocked off too so I don't think you'd get past there anyway. I know there were a few alternative routes north that went under today but I can't find any info on what's going on with that.
grant4561

Flood ? The whole state is a bloody waterfall at te moment.

As Dave said above I live on the other side of the flooded road near him.
I drove through it yesterday before it got to bad at about 11 AM. Up to the headlights on a Holden Rodeo twincab ute.