Marks F6B build

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
cozza

supercheap near me has helped me with everything so far, i got a full front end rebuild (bushes, sway bar, rotors, caliperkit, cv's,)
plus ive even gotten a few haltech parts through them, evrything ive need they have gotten, except a manual for the damn engine.
Matty

My supercheap cant find any bushes for front end....

Still got order numbers and brand mate??
One day it will be DONE!!!
gazuga

spent an hour and a half on the wiring tonight, should have been less but four years is a long time to remember where all the plugs go. i remembered a sneaky one on the gearbox that was hard to see, so felt around till i found it and spent half hour trying to get the bloody thing plugged in.. eventually realised i was trying to plug into a bolt heat, the plug was just under it :doh: :lol:
Tez

eventually realised i was trying to plug into a bolt head
GOLD :)

Yeah, nah... even if you did finally get the plug on the bolt, I'm tipping it wouldn't have worked !!! :D :D :D

Thanks for the laugh Mark! :lol:

Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
cozza

Matty wrote:My supercheap cant find any bushes for front end....

Still got order numbers and brand mate??

havent got the numbers on hand but i will have a look through my paper work and let u know what the numbers are.
Matty

Thanks mate
One day it will be DONE!!!
gazuga

got a bit busy at work over xmas and new year so have been a bit slack.
as im sure with others we have an abundance of water in our river at the moment, which threatened the mrs house for a bit. so my shed has been full of boxes which ive been using as an excuse to do nothing :oops:
12122010108.jpg
water has gone down again so have most of my shed back and have got back into it again.
i can now say that im reasonably confident my engine is all wired/hosed/driveshafted ready for fluids.
have spent today replacing most of the fuel lines as they were all cracked and falling apart. went to buy 4m of hose on friday, only had 3m left on their reel. could have that cheap or start new reel, thought id get away with it as i gave myself heaps of room with my measurements, finished being about 20cm short on the last hose :roll: for some reason this didnt surprise me :lol:
09012011113.jpg
09012011114.jpg
have now decided its beer oclock
gazuga

been having a play with vacuum hoses and got bored so balanced a few bits together for some fun..
09012011112.jpg
dragged out one of my wheels while i was at it
09012011115.jpg
rf4burns

Some nice "Bling" under the hood with the anodised rocker cover (done a little bit of this at home...hhhhmmmmm) and like the wheels not sure if the Extra Dry will stay cool there though :D keep the pics coming!
Get with it ,Get over it ,Get on with it .....OR LEAVE
gadj

Chances for plug onto bolt head working.... better than you might think, providing it is an earth wire :snigger:.... had to be said.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
gazuga

got all but the last 6 inches of fuel hose in over the weekend, cant do it as its the only bit thats a different size and i hadnt noticed it was different when i bought it.
this is why im glad i decided to do it..
15012011117.jpg
just finished putting all this in
15012011118.jpg
have now closed the shed for the night, will see if theres any leaks later tonight or tomorrow maybe. only found one split water hose while i was going so far :fingersx:
gazuga

leak free baby :D
just need last bit of fuel hose, battery and air cleaner then boost 8)
16012011121.jpg
Dave

Massively jealous of your setup :lol:

Good work anyway. You should get a couple vid's when it's running and post them up. :)
gazuga

so im getting close to firing up.. next weekend hopefully.
question now is, i have a third of a tank of fuel in the boy, will it have gone stale? should i drain the tank and start again or just top up with fresh fuel?
Husky

IMO i would drain it simply for the fact that you have done so much hard work, whats a couple of hours to take tank off clean it and re install with fresh fuel? You have new lines and filter.
That way if you do have problems you can also eliminate doggy fuel as being the culprit.
If you have never cleaned the tank you will be amazed at how much crap is in there. :x