Trev's Official Rebuild Thread

Chat about anything and everything.
Trevor

Well I just started on Stripping MB3 thought I'd give everyone something to read and see. The whole process will be slow at first so you'll have to bear with me. Firstly I had to clean up my workshop to make room for all these boys, got 3 in there at the moment and another coming tommorrow, for a total of 6. This is the clean bit
End of day one
fritz

The sight of stripped mightyboys is WAY too familiar... :x
:lol:

Always good to see other peoples projects. :thumbup1:
stevan_istheman

It's always fun to have a few spares. lol :wink:
except we've only got 3 MB's and 2 Hatches. :D
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
Trevor

No progress on Mb 3, Mb5 arrived with 800 eng (thanks Gremlin) which I quickly put into my 1st Mb
Flinny

hey Trev how about an update of where your up to project wise - i want to see what I'm in for :lol:
Trevor

Nothing at the moment, just buying more mightyboys and turbos and Efi's, just about to start on an 800 engine rebuild and will be getting stuck into the red one this week or next.Unfortunatly I'm also building a house which slows down the Mb rebuilding cause they keep getting boxed in.Hope to have some more regular progress soon
CoinSlot

Has my car been raped yet? :lol:

P.S: What I upgraded to...
[size=84][url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/CoinSlot/]Gallery[/url][/size]
Trevor

Just the bonnet, it's about 3rd or 4th in the list. Progress Report, not much got some gyprock coming for my house which allows me to set up my temporary spray booth, and I need to get some gas for the mig then I'll start work on them and hope to give weekly reports
Trevor

I thought I'd give what little update I can, Here's where I'm at, 9 Mbs and stacks of bit, Haven't really got back to Mb 3, but I have allocated Tuesdays as Mb days of which the last two tuesday's I had to work and the 3rd, last tuesday I spent working on my run around replacing eng/ g/box which I'm not real happy with.I won't tell the story as I'm not over it yet. So stay tuned it's all about to happen. There will be work on Mb2 and I'm going to have to do something with the run around. Options are fit the 1l and 5 speed I have (lot's of work and I don't want to really do until I have EFI setup sorted for it or rebuild an 800 and g/box,(no Time) rebuild a 550 tubo motor( Efi also needed and no time) put back the previos 800 with the box I just put in(noisy fourth gear) . Only real problem is I'd rather go fishing at the moment. What to do?????
Last edited by Trevor on Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ceej

Trevor wrote:9 Mbs and stacks of bit
:-k

Wanna give me a straight shell? :D
Garry. Nuff sed!
Trevor

Could possible do an exchange shell painted to the colour of your choice in 2 pak but where a ways off
ceej

Are you planning on using all of them or just take what you want and make a couple of really good ones?
Garry. Nuff sed!
Trevor

At the moment all will be restored to as new but one or two are still up in the air. I'm actually pretty suprised to how good most of these cars are body wise. I'm having a toss up between 4 of them as to which one will be my number one (tourer) and number two work vehicle. Number one will be EFI 1l G10 5 speed (maybe twin cam Turbo, if possible and over many hours) Work vehicle will be 550/800 turbo EfI.
Trevor

Well finally got a day or half day on these Mb's I continued on the strip down of Mb3 then once I had the subframe out I got side tracked to fitting the G10a in the cradle, And to my suprise I managed to get the rear mount nearly complete and the side mount underway ,without to much mods And on the factory mounts. Also worked on the axles and have them worked out using factory parts between the g10 and f5a.I also recomend if anyone is considering this transplant to use auto subframe,as I tried the fit in both and the manual subframe is a no go.
ceej

I fixed your pics for you.

Looking good mate! :wink:
Garry. Nuff sed!