Flood

Chat about anything and everything.
Dave

Has anyone else in South East Queensland got flooding in their area? Up here in Bli Bli on the Sunshine Coast we got a little bit of flooding, not sure about any other areas.

We live next to a storm water drain that overflowed during the night, turning our front and back yard into a swamp and our pool also overflowed and water started coming in the house :-o so, I've been up all through the night shovelling crap out of the way and trying to redirect water :(

I've also heard some places on Brisbane south side are flooded as well, preventing people from getting to work :)

Sooo.... Is anyone elses area flooded? Did anyone get the day off work because of it? Or just feel free to share your story about a past experience :D

Cheers
Dave
Dave

I can't be the only queenslander flooded in :(

Actually, Billie, I heard the area where you live copped it quite a bit.

I didn't get any pic's of our yard or anything as i was bailing water like you wouldn't believe haha.

Anyway, the reason the storm water drain next to my house flooded was due to a heap of construction work going on across the road in my estate, so it was blocked with building supplies/debris/mud/crap, so it over flowed into peoples yards on either side of it. And the thing is about 3m deep :-o
Billie

Yep we got flooded, went to work and only a few people were there. Zilmere road coped abit so did gympie, alot of creeks too.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

Haha. Yeah I've seen a few pic's of a few different roads that have gone under on a few mates Facebook pages and the courier mail website and what not. I'm in an area that floods often, at the bottom of a big hill, so they built a deep ass storm water drain. A lot of good that did :x
gadj

Water came up through the slab in my bedroom again (Maleny). Suprised there were not as many landslides up here this time. I ended up filling sandbags with some mates in the local SES last night - there was some flooding in the business district but nothing like the Coast & Bris. copped.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Dave

gadj wrote:Water came up through the slab in my bedroom again (Maleny). Suprised there were not as many landslides up here this time. I ended up filling sandbags with some mates in the local SES last night - there was some flooding in the business district but nothing like the Coast & Bris. copped.
Ah yeah, that's not too far from me. Are you in the SES or were you just helping out? I was actually thinking about joining the SES up here not too long ago :-k
gadj

Not in the SES but they are trying to recruit me (they will be waiting until I have my own issues sorted). I have been helping out with maintenance jobs for both SES & Rural Fire Brigade up here for 12 months plus, welding & trailer wiring mostly but did a small rust repair job recently.
I ended up filling sandbags because their shovels have gone 'walkies'& I live near the base. I took some shovels down to loan them but ended up 'driving' one. I would see if SES up there would allow you to help out while you get the feel of things - then decide.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Dave

Yeah mate i'll probably look into it further

Cheers
Dave
stevan_istheman

Nothing really happened down here at wurtulla... just rain. haha!
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
Dave

Wurtulla? wow, some of you guys aren't actually that far from me :D
Dave

Just a heads up. Apparently SEQ is due for more thunder storms this week.

I hope my MB doesn't flood again :(
Billie

Yep getting it right now, thunder and lightning, love going to sleep with the sound of rain on the roof. Sooo relaxing.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

Is it as heavy as it was a few weeks ago? We're all good up here so far. Apparently there's more to come all during the week though.
Billie

Not heavy just loud.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

Ah ok. I'd have to agree with you about sleeping while it's raining, 'tis quite relaxing :)