custom pistons

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
falcon

I`m going to send a piston from f6a turbo twin cam to the states.they have made them sum years ago.they will be 65.50.BORE .50mm oversize
if i get a few sets made they are cheaper.one set is about $770.the boys from minibrutes are having trouble getting f6a pistons.They have only got
non turbo ones.Anyone interested in getting pistons off me lewismowers@wideband.net.au. cheers from grant lewis :idea:
Thats three pistons/ rings & waist pins, buggered if i`m going to pay 12 to 14 hundred dollars for pistons.
Last edited by falcon on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHR15 N

Is there any difference between the F6a turbo pistons in the SOHC or DOHC?
stevan_istheman

Yes, flycuts.. (is that what they're called?)

Where the crown's machined to allow for the valves..
DOHC have 4 cuts
SOHC have 2
:wink:
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
ike849

falcon you can definitely put me down for a set!!!!!!

can we go any bigger with the oversize or aren't there head gaskets out there to accommodate the bigger bore??? Will 1mm oversize make the cylinder walls to thin....??? (still havn't had time to take my f6a's apart yet to check this out....)
JB

Also interested....
falcon

I`ll check if they can go bigger.if i can get three or four people to go in with me it will be abit cheaper.they are forged pistons by je piston.i`ll be sending a piston monday.so he gets it right.in that cappo web sight they go out to 68mm but they wont about $ 450 a piston.cheers :D
ike849

I'm happy to go with what others want...just curious about the max available.is all....

so far we have 2 definite purchases...anyone else going to join this offer...grant4561, Chri5N,steveistheman????????????????

Grant L. it might be worth posting on the cappa forum about this buy if we want more people involved???
CHR15 N

Yeah I'm in.
falcon

i`ll check if i can get bigger sizes.I just thought to get about four sets first. see how things go and freight cost.to get other parts eg gaskets . i have already got parts off nick suzukigeek nmnlogo@ozemail.com.au.got a timing belt,water pump.six ex valves .soon has i get pistons i`ll put the motor together.it will take at least a month for pistons to be done.And i have to send sample piston.cheers all :)
stevan_istheman

I'll be in if they're a reasonable price... :wink:
I'll have to pull the head off mine and see what size i actually need before making an order. lol
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
falcon

Just talked to steve in the states.he`ll make them any size but minimun of four sets per piston eg.65.5 66. 66.5 67. 67.5 68. not sure were you get over size head gaskets,maybe suzuki sport. if you won`t bigger than 65.5 mm get four of you together on a size.other wise it`s to costly plus he only does four pistons,six,nine and so on it`s about $770 plus abit of freight cost.cheers :)
ike849

I'm happy getting a set of pistons with a bore of 65.5mm...

If others want to go bigger and we can get four people involved I'm also happy to get a bigger set as I have 3x f6a engines i'm planning to build up....

luckily the AUD and USD conversion is in better than normal at the moment so the sooner we pay the better!!!!
flynmightyboy

there is a bloke in melb that will make u a set of forged pistons,all u need to do is send him a sample he will make it to whatever u want
big block mightyboy
ike849

number, approx price????

$770 AUD (I hope you meant australian dollars, falcon) is pretty reasonable, I think....but if you know someone in Aus that can do the same thing.....
falcon

770 in aust dollars is right.Plus abit of freight cost.wont be much with four sets.if flynmightyboy knows this guy in melb I would get them off him.I sent a message to mightyboy if he can find him.HE has not got back to me.I`d get them in aust at the right price.i`ll do a second run of pistons.at a bigger size if anyone want them.Before i order any thing we`l see what flynmightboy has to say.cheers :NFI:PS the yank pistons are made out of 2618 alloy.