Distributor Cap and Rotor WTF?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
m00neelee

Ok, so i'm slowly in the process of getting my Mighty Boy into a reliable running state, got the parts to do a much needed tune up, and discovered that the distributor cap and rotor are nothing like I have.

The existing cap has a Mitsubishi logo on it with the part number T30771 on the inside.

Anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement cap as the Bosch GD681 just is not going to fit.

PS. If anyone in Canberra/Queanbeyan has a F8B for sale let me know :)
NOTE: The term Mighty Boy is a registered trade mark of the Suzuki Motor Corporation and in no way represent that the vehicle is Mighty or a Boy, but it is a ute damn it!
cozza

what engine is in it? and can you upload a photo i may be able to help you out
m00neelee

Cozza,

Here's hoping. I'm at the point of finding another distributor. No-one if spoken to has been able to help.

I'm still running an F5A. The existing cap is larger all round, the clip points are about 10mm higher while the internal dimensions are several mm wider.
20130604_212615[1].jpg
20130604_212640[1].jpg
NOTE: The term Mighty Boy is a registered trade mark of the Suzuki Motor Corporation and in no way represent that the vehicle is Mighty or a Boy, but it is a ute damn it!
cozza

That looks like the dizzy cap off a 3cyl swift you know the old g13a or whatever it was. Ive git a hatch here that im useing the notor out of if you cant get the cap your after and wish to buy one im sure we can work something out. But thats only after ive swaped the the engines out first. Itll be an f8b dizzy though which is the same mines been rebuilt but took ages to set it yp again but once ive swapped the motors out ill let u know
gadj

Early G10a cap is GD527 - I'll try to remember to have a look at one I have in the morning.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..