Hi.. Mighty boy for me

Chat about anything and everything.
chomp on this

First off hey.. lined up a mighty boy for $500.. i have always wanted one and the rising petrol prices are swaying me aswell. Mightys are so cheap to run..

The Mighty i can get has literally a stuffed motor and cvs.... dings and dents and busted haggard interior...

which doesnt worry me becuase its only $500..(and worth it too)

anyway before i buy it.. im going to do some homework...

Im currently looking for a Motor to fit the mighty preferably in a front cut so i can shift the dash etc and gearbox... YES any good cuts around ?

Any one know of anywhere in ADELAIDE that has a f6 or f8 motor or any of the turbo alto variants that are in a front cut that have been put in before by a workshop in Adelaide. i have read the F6A threads etc see the difficulty.. havent heard much about the f8 but that seems most common??...
Im a little confused on which ones which as in Turbo/DOHC/SOHC/4WD.
Im assuming the f6a is Sohc turbo and front wheel.... and the f8 is NA and DOHC???

Anyways.. just wanna know of somewhere that can do the exchange and where one is. Hopefully in Adelaide... I will worry about the Trim and body work later on becuase anywhere can do that.

Will need to get soemone there aswell to tune in a new ECU.. so the car runs and later i can get bigger injectors/turbo etc blah blah...

I want work done in adelaide as its close and convenient and bigger than anywhere else close to here... I will have the car engineered in NSW after work is completed.

Cheers guys any help greatly appreciated.. i might get some photos up of the beast to show u what ill be getting for $500

PS.. im no where near the beach but do surboards fit onto the roof racks?

Your info is vital.. Thanks alot...
none for ya
Brayden

Rundown of engines can be found here:

http://www.tamon.org/?page=guides&id=12

Adelaide Jap often have F6A front cuts:

http://www.adelaidejap.com.au
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
chomp on this

cheers for that...

Is $2200 a bit steep for a F6A DOHC cut?

what have people payed for them??... ive heard adelaide jap pinches the good shit off them aswell
none for ya
Brayden

Anywhere from $1500 to $2200 is a rough guide. Dave bought his front cut from Adelaide Jap so he can fill you in on what they're like to deal with. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ferdie

yes a surfboard will fit on...

ive had a mal on mine and it was 9'8", looked like the "BIGGEST SURFBOARD IN THE WORLD', but yeah it can be done...
chomp on this

cheers ferdie :)
none for ya