New MB

Chat about anything and everything.
mighty1.3l

Hi to all,
ive had a mb in the shed untouched for 3 years untill now,
its got a g13a swift motor (1.3l) and i will have some photos when its entirely done. i had a 550 hatch and i must say the MB damn fly's! i does good burn outs too.

lots of fun to be had.
Cheers Simon.
central coast NSW.
PS im having big troubles finding little parts, any suggestions?
Gladier

where bouts on the coast are ya mate?
mighty1.3l

Gladier wrote:where bouts on the coast are ya mate?
hey dude,
im at Terrigal, whats your weapon look like?

Simon
Brayden

Welcome to the site Simon. Sounds like you've got a real powerhouse of a ute there!

I think I speak for everyone when I say: PICS OR BAN! :D :lol:
If you have any I think we'd all like to see them.

Send to admin@tamon.org if you can.
Cheers! :)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
mighty1.3l

hi,
thanks brayden, ill get a mate to take some pics,
i cant believe how hard it is to find parts!!!
looking for front window new if possible, and bailing channel for door windows (new).
pics to come... yay

Simon.
ps more power to come, twin cam efi???
Brayden

Front window = Windscreen? If so you should be able to get one from any decent windscreen replacement place. Mine cost me $180 fitted.

As for any rubbers, the best place to go is clarke rubber and see what closely matches what you've got. I think Suzuki may still sell rubber channels new, but the price would be astronomical.

I meant to ask too, is your 1.3 swap engineered? I'd love to hear how you got it in there.
bretto

id highly doubt it's engineerd........ :?

i thought a 1.3L in a boy is just bout legally impossible.....proof is in the piczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!! :D
mightymira!!! :)
mighty1.3l

hey,
getting engineer to look this weekend, he said it should be okay... well he is a personal friend.
company i know had someone get them to fit a holden v6, its on the road, legal?, fucken quick!

theres a 12a rotary that races at WSID.

Simon
Brayden

Yeah I'm keen for pics, because I've measured the width of my G10A 4 cylinder motor and swift box, (same width as a G13) and it is roughly 32" across, the MB engine bay is 29" between the chassis rails.

Doesn't take a genius to work out that it won't fit... how on earth did you do it Simon! :?
cuz

Built up for a big let down me thinks :(
cuz
mowog

Clarkes Rubber don't have anything. Their master parts list for Suzuki has about 3 items. Rare spares may have the bailey channel, I have got a bit out of a hatch it appears to be the same and I will be taking it down to Rares to see what they can do.
Eskibagh

there isnt anything specifically listed for the mb's/hatch, but Clarke have one that pretty much suits the bill to withing mm's. Grab one out and compare it with stock/catalogue, you will find one pretty close. the thing that turned me off was the price. I dont think rarespares has much if anything for mb's
"Oh! look at that car burn! Does it get any better than this?" H. Simpson
evilgidget

Some clark stores have them, some don't. They're independant franchises & have different suppliers for different bailey channels/door rubbers etc. I know 'cause guess where I work now? :P
If someone would like to bring me a sample of a bailey channel & door seal, i'll have a rummage around all my supplier books & see if I can match anything up :D . I'll let everyone know part no's & cost etc from there.

Oh yeah, i'm in the Maitland store. Ask for Adam or leave it with one of the other guys there :lol: