Front Strut question

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
eris

Hey guys. Does anybody know if it is possible to raise the front of the M/b by about two (2) inches. I do alot of dirt road driving and sometimes the front end bottoms out, I've checked to see if these strut/springs have sagged but they seem tobe the same height as other Boys.

I have looked around for space plates for the top but none around. Is there an other strut that will fit the toy to give me the height..... or has anybody got any ideas. thank you...... cris
do red Mighty Boys go faster down hill???
gadj

eris, as far as my knowledge allows you will have to get custom strut spacers made. You might find an example via Calmini who do lift kits for Suzuki & Isuzu based vehicles (Sierra/Jimny/Rodeo/Jackaroo). They are often made from pipe & have a flange either end - one has studs that bolt into the guard where the strut top plate is now & the bottom end has holes that accept the bearing plate studs.
Inner control arms may also require relocation of their pivot points
You may find this adversely affects your steering & drive line geometry.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Brayden

Short answer is that there is no solution to raise the front end by 2" easily. You could fit longer struts from another car but as gadj pointed out the geometry changes to your steering/driveline would need rectification.

I'd suggest fitting heavy duty standard height springs, but that might make the ride too choppy on dirt roads.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.