Over heating??? head gasket

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
eris

Hi All. I was driveing my M/B the other day and noticed the temp guage a bit highter than normal so checket the water level later on and found its ok. took it for a run and it got hotter. fan going, after a short time I took the cap off (carefully) and found bubbles comming out, and the water would riase to overflow the radiator. as I increased the speed of the motor the water would raise more then a big bubble would come... then it would start again. I took out the thermostat working ok in hot water. so thinking it's prob a head gasket ??? if so is there any tricks about taking the head off the mighty boy, I'm aware of the overhead cam and belt issues. any thing else ?????? thank you. Is there a vrs kit around, I checked Auto pro and they don't have a listing. any help :-)
do red Mighty Boys go faster down hill???
Colin

look under your oil cap in the morning and see if theres any baby shit there this will tell you if your head gsk is leaking if the temp just went up a bit its probably your radiator this will give you the bubbles you can see
MORE BEER! :beer:
gadj

Had similar situ with a G11 Charade. Bubbles turnedout to be cavitation from the water pump (death throes), new pump - no bubbles.
Do as Colin says before anything else.

There are VRS sets avail. you might find the part number in Toranaguy's parts list (search & you will find) PM me if you don't find it - I'm an ex-spare parts man but still have some resources.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
eris

Thank you for that. I looked under the oil cap ... but clean :? . about 15,000klm ago I had the radiator fully serviced at a good radiator place and fitted a new water pump while I was at it. also a new thermo stat but will check. I didn't know about the listing :roll: , as you say look and I will find. thanks again. Thank you for the offer..will let you know how I go. cris
do red Mighty Boys go faster down hill???
casey

sometimes shampain bubbles will show up if it maybe has a airlock or even if the system doesnt have an expander tank headdertank, u could maybe cut the guts out of the thermostat throw it back in could work or like old mate said rott out the radiator give block flush but first do a head test combustion leak tester kit! get your dipstick with a bit of your engine oil on it throw it under a naked flame and if it starts to bubble theres could be water in your engine
if your not first your last CRUSETOWNSVILLE