G'day, new carry member. What can I do to the beast??

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Mad_Aussie

G'day guys,
got shuffled over here by hongster on the suzuki forums, thought id drop through and share my carry and see what you guys reckon.

I've just bought this little carry 1.0L manual, and its a terrific little car, get so many looks from the ladies with its fantabulous blue spotty interior lol.. However it has cold start issues that I can only put down to needing new plugs and a good service, so that isn't really a problem as such.

My question tho is what can I fit into there to give it a little more poke? Will the 1.3L suzuki swift motor go in? And will it fit with the doch GTi head? We've done some measurements and a 13b rotor will fit in there pretty snug, but then we've got the issue of sorting out what gearbox will go in and will the standard linkage from the shifter to the box be adaptable with a different box?

Cheers guys, whats the most common swap for this? Best to follow the trend if i'm actually going to modify this thing, theres a VW Polo GTi in the wings for me at the moment, but ive gotta wait around 4 more months for that, so in the mean time if theres a swap that can be done to this id be interested to hear about it
hongster

has it got a choke??? (just asking)

theres some guy on board performance forums that was going to do a roatary but chose to do a fj20 or sr20 i think, youll have to login and search for it but its got some spekky pics on there what they have done so far..
Brayden

There's a build thread on this forum from a guy who is doing a G13B DOHC swap, that would be the easiest starting point for you. :)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Nehemiah

G15B DOHC :lol:
But I'm getting nowhere fast and spending alot of cash.

Poor thing about these vans is that everything you do will have to be custom, so most ppl dont bother...

If you turbo the thing you will destroy the engine, then one built engine later you will destroy the clutch and or gearbox then diff... THEN you'll flip it, lol!

Your van looks tops tho!

Sam.
Mad_Aussie

Looking at the way things are going, i'll just be leaving it as is, might do a bit of an exhaust and pipe an intake in, and browsing yahoo japan for extractors (no love as of yet teehehehe). I've got work to do on its interior still, and i'm half thinking of painting it up like the old black n white st john of gods ambulances; and writing "ambliense" on it (I work at a hospital lol)
The two 24y.o. radiographer chicks i work with love the van too, i parked it between their cars the other day and got the whole girly "ooo its soooo cuute" and had them looking inside at my legendary interior.

thought i might also point out that

Cecil has r32 gts-t seats :P

and you can see the roof box that will house 6x9's and an amp.

Anyway theres my love shared, cheers for the positive comments too guys :)

Brayden

Mad_Aussie wrote:...and browsing yahoo japan for extractors (no love as of yet teehehehe).
You're not likely to considering Japanese Carry (Every) were fitted with 3 cylinder motors. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
hongster

what rims are they? starcorp?
Mad_Aussie

they're just ROH 14's. The ones ive chopped on there are te37's