i own pimp wagon may need new turbo

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
scootermk1 sa

i was wondering if anyone no a turbo that i can use on it mate said maybe a gt12 was wondering if anyone had a turbo that can be used
Nehemiah

Whats the engine in that thing?

Sam.
mightyboy

yeah, not that i can help you, but that was even a bit vague for those who can.
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/purple_monkey_fish/mightyboy.gif[/img]
JohnnyB

Originally it had a F5A SOHC turbo motor. but it has traded soooooo many hands since then it could have changed... Brayden may be the best to ask, as i think he has been keeping track of it.
[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/jbalki69/CervoModeSmall.jpg[/img]
Brayden

Far as I know it still has the original F5A SOHC engine. Unfortunately for scooter a GT12 won't bolt straight up to the stock manifold. A custom manifold would get it on there though!

With such a small motor a GT12 would be the largest I would consider fitting. If the bottom end was swapped out for an F8B then you could use a IHI RHB32 turbo from a Charade.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
scootermk1 sa

would else would i have to do put the f8b bottom end in wouldnt i need a head to fit and different manifolds dizzy and stuff like that or is the head on it different
hongster

yeah there is a few call rolin imports in the gold coast or engine shed/ motor shed in nsw they help you out with a nice turbos off a alto or cappocino dont go adelaide they got crap and too expensive,,,

show us some pics of your rims if you dont like them ill swapp them with mine,,,, i was talking to wil about them b4 he got them off ebay.. now i got 15's... on my carry ute.
Brayden

scootermk1 sa wrote:would else would i have to do put the f8b bottom end in wouldnt i need a head to fit and different manifolds dizzy and stuff like that or is the head on it different
You should be able to use the F8B bottom end without any modifications, except for fitting the original F5A sump. The F5A head, manifolds, distributor and everything else should go straight back on.
You'll also have to drop the compression with a shim (or different pistons) if you want to keep running 12PSI. Another must have will be an aftermarket ECU like a MicroTech, or at the very least a piggy-back ECU to add extra fuel for the extra cubic capacity.
ceej

What about the timing belt, would that still be the same?
Garry. Nuff sed!
Jermaine

f5a nd f8b timing belts r the same arnt they
Brayden

Nope, F8B has a longer belt.

ceej, yes an F8B belt would be needed with either round or square teeth depending on what the current motor has.
JohnnyB

So where is the pimp wagon located these days?
[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/jbalki69/CervoModeSmall.jpg[/img]
Brayden

Back in Adelaide, via Sydney. ;)
scootermk1 sa

i like the rims on it i was hoping the head and manifold would fit so will do the conversion instead does anyone have a f8b bottom end for sale i live in Adelaide and anything else to do the conversion would rather better piston than a compression plate does anyone recommend a place to get them or who make them
Brayden

I'm running a stock F8B bottom end on 7PSI with zero problems, and Col has run standard pistons on 18PSI with an extra head gasket or two. Cheaper and easier than chasing pistons.

On that subject though, I've got my eye on some motorbike pistons but I need the time to go check to see if they're suitable.