Another super "charged" carry

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
hongster

to keep you all amuzed here is my side project ive got going
AMR300 supercharger $300
DAYCO belt $7.5
BOSCH belt $14.25
Metal/brackets/bolts/spacers/welds etc. $FREE from work....
planning in my head has taken ages, getting off my ass even more, but actually doing stuff and fitting stuff its only taken under 3 or 4 hours, i love these things they are so roomy and easy and fun to work on...

all up this has cost me under $350 and hopefully only $50 or $60 more for some hose pipes and clamps if i cant take them from work....

all ive got to do it weld up some piping to and from the supercharger, bolt the carby draw thru, maybe a fuel pump from a mate if he gives it to me for cheap.... and we'll see how it all go's.......... its pretty loud now with nothing atching to the S/C but it should be a little bit of fun before i sell it later in the year to get som 19"s for my honda accord euro..

to check out ME ute click here
http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3056
Last edited by hongster on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brayden

You haven't mentioned anywhere in your post about what you're going to do about ignition timing. What are your plans?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
hongster

first leave it alone - see what happens,
then from there reset it to stock and back a few degrees??
depends if i get small SU carby aswell.
but i only calculated for 5psi for now and another pulley for 7ish psi later if the engine is still alive......??

any advice???
Santos

For the ignition go this, it has the option for a knock sensor and two ignition maps :)
http://jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID ... BCATID=347
-Santos
hongster

have you set one of these up before???
is it easy? / does it work / how hard is it?
any other links giving pointers to use it during tunning
Santos

No but i'm in the process of building a high compression overbored 8v suzuki 1.3l running on 95+ octane and i thought wouldn't it be great if i could get a Ultra retarded ignition 'limp mode' for when i am stuck in the middle of nowhere with only 91 at the pump. It seemed a better option then the expensive USA Dial'tuning igntion systems.

As for set up and tuning i checked on silicon chip website and it looks like you have to go for issues 222, 223, 224 (march, april, may 07) to get a 3 part guide (i work at a DSE so i will see if some of my stores have the copies in circulation. We sell them for like $4.50)
-Santos
hongster

you were all correct about draw thru carby tunning problems, i think it runs a little lean (even though only currently 4or5psi)
so a friend suggested i might need to re jett the carby a few thou, arg!!
i aint got much experience/knowledge with carbys either!!!!
but maybe just get a f10a 1000cc carby and hopefully that has bigger jets which would compensate for the extra psi on a 800cc (sounds cool running tho- wish i could just drive it n/a with the charger hooked up)
any ideas from anyone else??????

might just leave it 800cc'c of N/A goodness and sell all the rest of the bits and try to find a gti eng, and follow sam's idea's...
a mate at work got one from NSW for 700 with everything lucky bastardo... he's fitting it to his sierra so ill ask him where he got it from and re-think starting this ute project from scratch again
Brayden

I don't see any reason the F10A carby wouldn't do the job for you. I'd install a lambda sensor and gauge to keep an eye on the A/F ration though. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Nehemiah

Hmmm, that doesn't sound all that good... I figure the F10A carby would help with the fueling issue, and id like to help you out but my van is my daily and im not gonna pull it off the road again. Sorry!

Ill keep you posted on my conversion. Im going to have all the mounts laser cut by the guy that did my intake and exhaust flanges, so it'll be a matter of asking for another set when they are done (might be a while, lol!)

Cheers,
Sam.
[url=http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2744]Can a G15A DOHC engine fit into a Carry Van? Short answer...Yes. Click for the long answer...[/url]
hongster

cheers sam its fine, i just re-read one of your posts i thought you put a f8a into your van but you only used the head from an f8a,,, sorry my mind was elsewhere and i thought there was a dead f10a in bits lying around..

as for your old blood orange van ,, there was one around the corner from a mates house with SLO-083 plates ? was this it.. down at moana

think i might stick it out with the supercharger, just having a look at all your efforts makes it even more tough to trying to find time
Nehemiah

Yeh, a friend of a friend from kick boxing ended up with it. Im pretty sure its in Moana, seen it a few times and given it the thumbs up. Its a little rough now though. The motor used to ping its head off! :lol:

ST90 high roof BA falcon blood orange, don't know about the plates though!
[url=http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2744]Can a G15A DOHC engine fit into a Carry Van? Short answer...Yes. Click for the long answer...[/url]
hongster

just a few old pic's i thought id throw up...
this set up is no-more im going for a turbo su hif44 now and im undecieded weather to go blow thru or draw thru ???? but just makeing some more stuff to go on to it including an inch or two lift kit for the front

that set-up was dodge but did the job, it didnt idle that well because of my calculations of the supercharger at idle
i have video of it when i first turned the key and the second time,, but its pretty big. when/if i get some time i will post it if you want..??

kcarking

Yes hard to believe but this is a factory blow-through supercharger. Supercharger blow-through set-ups were just not done due to the problems at lower revs but the factory runs a expansion chamber to overcome this.

hongster

the only reason i went down this road was because a heap of minis have done the draw thru setup... plus it would be cool to have a supercharged carry whineing around adelaide!!!

john: was that photo taken at your house?? is it for sale?