??? Seats

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
eris

I want to replace my M/B seats. At the moment it is like sitting on some milk crates. Has anybody replaced their seats with other makes of vehicles. What vehicles seats will fit? thanks guys any help :?
do red Mighty Boys go faster down hill???
Brayden

The best fit I have found are seats from a late 80's Mazda 323. CRX seats are apparently also quite good.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
holk

On my Black Boy I have installed a pair of suzuki Baleno seats with the original MB rails and mounts: the passenger seat is a 20 minutes job. The driver side much longer due to the 'lifting" mechanism in the way. They look extremely similar to the Swift GTI and are extremely comfortable (much more comfortable than the Autotechnica I have on the HOLK) .

And for $100 a pair, it's a bargain!
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
Brayden

Baleno/GTi seats are great, but the base is too high if you're a tall guy like me. I tried putting them in my MB but my head hit the roof!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
holk

It has taken 30 odd years but I've finally found an advantage of being a shorta#se! :lol:
Husky

Ive got Toyota MR2 seats in mine late 80's model. They fit very snug with drivers lumbar adjust :wink:
gadj

'79 Mitsi Colt seats here - pain to install but what I could get at the time. they are a tight fit & are a bit too high. I will be changing them out eventually - I will definitely look for coupe seats so I get the flick forward function for access to the rear cabin area.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
mowog

All you guys who have replaced your MB seats, I need a drivers side seat base the ratchet on mine has died.
Also would like to get some of the seat covers so I can repair the worn out stuff on mine.
Any chance? will pay expenses.of course.
ta.
mini_kompressor

Holk, :lol: :lol: :lol:
holk

the seats i have removed from the black one were not worth fixing and the holk came with no seats.

Sorry
mowog

just the lower frame will do I have the upholstery.
eris

Thank you all for the onfo, I'm going down to Pick & payless in a few days so will have a look around. ta
do red Mighty Boys go faster down hill???